Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rusty Schlenk

Rusty Schlenk just knocked down feature win #20 at Bell Claire. Over a pretty stout group of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    Rusty Schlenk just knocked down feature win #20 at Bell Claire. Over a pretty stout group of cars.
    Please explain "Stout"... I've been to a few weekly Belleville shows and the field was pretty bad

Schlenk, Kloos, Unziker.

Same Story every year rusty drives by tracks to duck competition. Not a bobby fan but he won by showing up at the big ump races. Unzicker obviously has had a good year winning multiple features at FALS which I think has one of the better weekly group of guys in the nation. Rusty does seem to make it work for him and mckay had same approach last year. Ump national points is like being the tallest midget.

Rusty has multiple feature wins at Oakshade. Which also has a very stout weekly Late Model program. However I don't hear people asking why Unzicker isn't at Eldora?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    Rusty has multiple feature wins at Oakshade. Which also has a very stout weekly Late Model program. However I don't hear people asking why Unzicker isn't at Eldora?
    H€ll Rick Eckert isn't even there.

I bet it makes Rusty feel good to see so many people talking about his every move. For just being "average", he sure gains a lot of attention

I have to admit. Rusty looked pretty good on Sunday. But for crying out loud, GROW UP! He can race anywhere he choses, he is not racing for the haters, he is racing for his family and to put food on his table. Other drivers can skip the big e or other big races and we never see anything about it. Are you that insanely jealous of Rusty.

Biggest cherry picker in the entire sport...When he comes to IL he gets his a$$ handed to him. UnlessU count world 100 weekend.

I applaud what Rusty has done. He races smart, where he feels he can make some $$ to go to the next event. I hope more of these drivers take note of the Rayburn by RSR. Proves a good driver with a good setup can win in Rayburns.

Rusty races with over a full field of cars every night. Down in Illinois where unzicker is racing your lucky to get 18 late models and only 4 guys have a shot at winning

Bottom line is if you wanna see a regional driver at a crown jewel,send them a check to cover it, I'm sure they would probably be happy to go. Otherwise don't critisize drivers for making financial decisions for their own teams.

First I want to say that I applaud Rusty for the way he races and his great work ethic and the way he has been able to win as many races that he has in a new designed Rayburn car, I think the biggest problem that people have is that every time the cat wins people act like he is this is the best thing to hit dirt racing and then he doesn't show up to try and see where he stands with the big boys, and I understand he is points racing and don't blame him for doing it the way he is but he has no leverage in my book unless you run with those big guys and see where you stack up. You have guys like Zack Dohm and JOHN Henry that are in the same boat as Rusty going and proving themselves. Again I'm don't blame him for doing what he does but please every time the guy wins it's not a huge deal.

I agree, Rusty is a good guy and making it work. Personally, I'd like it if UMP didn't give points except at Eldora for the Dream and the World during those races.

Come on cgrace! You act like Eldora is the only speedway in the country. If other tracks run its their choice. Beside Eldora has not made a true commitment to dirt late model racing for years. From the dream to the Baltes classic no late models ran at Eldora. Let that sink in. Basically no late models at Eldora in June, July and August. that's 3 months of the summer.

Eldora don't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about dirt late models other than the Dream and World. All of the other races they are lucky to get 20 cars. The only reason they get more than 20 for the Baltes Classic is practice for the World. Even though the late models make Eldora more $ than the NASCAR trucks, WoO sprints etc.......Earl told me one time that the World 100 covered all of his expenses for the entire year.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Same Story every year rusty drives by tracks to duck competition. Not a bobby fan but he won by showing up at the big ump races. Unzicker obviously has had a good year winning multiple features at FALS which I think has one of the better weekly group of guys in the nation. Rusty does seem to make it work for him and mckay had same approach last year. Ump national points is like being the tallest midget.
    He was at Eldora last week and run top 5 behind strong competition, like Moyer, EPJ and others. When you start writing the checks, then you get a say-so in where he runs.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Win # 21 tonight at Oakshade!

Thumbs up Stronger than Dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Win # 21 tonight at Oakshade!
    Rock on! Racing with his brain, not his bollocks.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

bollocks??