Thread: MBH Racecars

Default MBH Racecars

What is the scuttlebutt on the new MBH chassis since Pancho purchased the company from Billy Vacek. Anyone running a new one or are they just servicing existing MBH customers? I know Pancho is sponsoring Kyle Hardy, but I believe he is running a Rocket XR1 that Pancho also sells.

Yes Kyle is running an XR1, I heard Pancho is just selling parts, but I also heard he is going to build chassis to. I just hope he don't copy the XR1 like a chassis builder in Pa. already is, and they also got their hand's on a long horn chassis now to. When the new XR1 came out at the world finals a couple of year's ago the other chassis builder started coping the xr1 that winter. I'm not here to cause or start trouble, but this is how some of the smaller chassis builders do it to keep pace with other chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtinmybeer77 View Post
    Yes Kyle is running an XR1, I heard Pancho is just selling parts, but I also heard he is going to build chassis to. I just hope he don't copy the XR1 like a chassis builder in Pa. already is, and they also got their hand's on a long horn chassis now to. When the new XR1 came out at the world finals a couple of year's ago the other chassis builder started coping the xr1 that winter. I'm not here to cause or start trouble, but this is how some of the smaller chassis builders do it to keep pace with other chassis.
    This is a classic from a new poster. I'm not here to cause or start trouble. HAHAHA! Are you one of the XR1 rocketeers that mortgage the farm for one and still sucks?

Your going to have to mortgage the farm to buy any chassis before you have an idea of WTF just happened. They'll all be raising there prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtinmybeer77 View Post
    Or how Rocket got started. Or how Combs and Richards did Howe. Or how Rocket tried to catch Bloomer? like that?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Or how Rocket got started. Or how Combs and Richards did Howe. Or how Rocket tried to catch Bloomer? like that?
    This is my favorite class of the new school year! Okay class open up your books to Chapter 1. C J Rayburn race cars. Some will say their was some cars before that, but their wheels were made of stone.

Rocket orange is a Bloomer copy correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    This is my favorite class of the new school year! Okay class open up your books to Chapter 1. C J Rayburn race cars. Some will say their was some cars before that, but their wheels were made of stone.
    And CJ copied I can't think of his names drag car.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    His neighbor, Bob Glidden.

I've heard that before too. Heard he might have got some motors from Glidden in the beginning.

Every late model chassis builder out there got started by taking somebody else's design and adding their own spin on it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    An old racer told me CJ got help from an engineering professor or something.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    An old racer told me CJ got help from an engineering professor or something.
    I know that CJ has said in interviews, not a direct quote, but that he got his idea for I believe the rear end set up from Gliddens drag car. And I'm sure you're correct also. Not trying to discredit CJ, but to Josh's point, very true.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Rayburn was the first with the 4 bar which came from drag racing, the design continues to get refined to this day with different length/angle etc. bars.
    Mark Richards ordered two cars from Ray Callahan to be built to his specs, after the first was completed Callahan canceled the 2nd car. The driver of the first car said it was a rocket, and that's where the name came from. Steve and Mark then started building Rocket chassis in house, the rest is history.
    A recent column on "Dirt on Dirt" called "durable chassis" is about Rocket chassis, and its history is worth reading like them or not.
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 08-25-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Rodney Combs and Mark Richards I believe started in Ed Howe cars and they had a relationship after that. You can say what you want but it's what has made rocket so powerful. There always looking for a new idea. It's what has made other builders popularity go down. CJ lived on leaf springs for years. Callahan and Bullitt ? I don't know what or were they went. Warrior was once a car to have . There are many more that just don't think of tomorrow, there stuck in yesterday and I guess are happy with it. Mark knows that car has been copied already, by more than 1 I'm sure. But, do they have the knowledge to go with it. Highly unlikely.

Its been a long time , but back in my drag racing days, i was a huge bob glidden fan, and my understanding was that CJ helped bob with the 4 link rear and then saw a use for it on dirt track and adapted it to his design, im not saying this is exactly what happened , just how i remember it......

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Rodney Combs and Mark Richards I believe started in Ed Howe cars and they had a relationship after that. You can say what you want but it's what has made rocket so powerful. There always looking for a new idea. It's what has made other builders popularity go down. CJ lived on leaf springs for years. Callahan and Bullitt ? I don't know what or were they went. Warrior was once a car to have . There are many more that just don't think of tomorrow, there stuck in yesterday and I guess are happy with it. Mark knows that car has been copied already, by more than 1 I'm sure. But, do they have the knowledge to go with it. Highly unlikely.
    Rocket adapts and advances better than anybody else in dirt late model racing. Every time it seem like they're slipping, they come back even stronger.

Although it sure appears that Longhorn and the Club/Black Diamond are going to be great at adapting, too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!