Thread: Pittsburgher?

Default Pittsburgher?

Looking to take a road trip to another track I haven't been to before the year is out. I have PPMS on the radar for the Pittsburgher.
    How is the racing there, consistantly racy, one lane? I haven't pulled up any video yet. Is seating an issue? Looks like easiest accommodations are by the airport?

Racing is decent; track is a big, wide 1/2 mile that stays smooth all evening, though it can get a bit slick..with the size of the track, cars can get pretty well strung out, even with 30+ starters. There is lots of grandstand seating. The Robinson Township area--about ten miles east of the track toward downtown Pittsburgh--has plenty of motels, restaurants, and shopping...lodging closer to the airport is likely to be costlier. I noticed that General Admission tickets are $50 for the two nights (add $10 per ticket for reserved--top three rows). The weather that time of year can be cool, so make sure you have plenty of heavier clothes. Sorry, but no idea about cooler rules, but I'd say small ones would be allowed. Check ppms.com. Hope you have an enjoyable experience!

Thanks for the info VV, greatly appreciated!

14" coolers are fine, but you can't bring any alcohol in, they sell it at the track.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Last year they changed the cooler rule during the weekend. Coolers OK Fri., prohibited on Sat. Man were there a lot of pi$$ed people. Nothing to do with alcohol as they sell it inside, all about space. If the owner/promoter hadn't let sections of bleachers deteriorate that wouldn't have been an issue. Also the reserved seats I've noticed while there are the bottom 3 rows. Grandstands are elevated so the bottom row there is higher than the top row at most tracks. Everything else valleyvoice said is spot on.

It's a huge track but it has 4 grooves when it's prepped right. Sometimes it's high-side dominant but usually it has 4 grooves for the big shows. It was one of the best races in the country in 2015. Last year day 1 rained out and there were a lot of laps put on the track when they crammed everything into day 2.

Thanks for the info guys, made reservations in Robinson township

I would definitely recommend this race. The track is about the fastest track for late models I have ever seen. When Bloomquist won in 2015 he called it the Talladega of Dirt Tracks. Last year when they moved it from August to October the cars were even faster in the cooler air. The top 4 in time trials all broke the previous track record. The drivers never even let off the gas going into turn one during time trials. One of the best shows to attend in my opinion. Only downside is limited viewing from the infield as the infield sits low like a bowl. Enjoy the race there. We never miss it.

And they still charge more than any other track and don't put a dime into the place. And save your well more room for me comments, the place is a rip off and a dump.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    And they still charge more than any other track and don't put a dime into the place. And save your well more room for me comments, the place is a rip off and a dump.
    Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Can't wait
    Have a blast.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The racing at Pittsburgh has been consistently good since the Mileys actually bought the track. They do charge a lot of money for their shows, and the place could use a little TLC, but it certainly is not a dump by any means. Track prep even for the regular Saturday night shows is always spot on. Not a bad seat in the house. As someone has already mentioned, the bottom rows of the grandstands are pretty high above the track. Good racing is never a rip-off.
    Last edited by flash49; 08-26-2017 at 11:20 AM.