Default I.D. a racer for me

This may be a long shot ,but back in the day around 2001-03ish... I remember seeing a white/orange #31 run some local or regional stuff around Alabama. If I remember correctly, the top and very bottom was orange with the white in the middle. Numbers and lettering was purple and the quarter sponsor was "Triumph". Being 12 or 13 yr old, I didnt much care what the announcer had to say but I wish I knew who the guy was. I want to think the last name was ogle but #31 sure dont line up with Billy Ogle Jr. Thoughts?

Ps
    The car was super sharp looked like a David Earl Gentry ride...

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I was working down in Atlanta in 2001 around that time and hitting some tracks and I seem to recall a driver they called " Handsome " Stan Massey who drove # 31, that might be who you're thinking of, or maybe not !

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Why not ask Paperman if he has a picture of him, he's the man here on 4m for racing nostalgia ! Leebo's Corner
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds

Anthony Meadows ran a number 31 at EAMS around that time.

richard ogle was his name , he went to crap a few years later , never here from him any more. a good driver though , and that was one of mike heads car they bought...

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    I was working down in Atlanta in 2001 around that time and hitting some tracks and I seem to recall a driver they called " Handsome " Stan Massey who drove # 31, that might be who you're thinking of, or maybe not !
    Stan's #was 22 most of the time. He definitely was not a young guy during that time frame either. He along with Mark Minor, Ricky Williams and others used to be hard to handle in the Ronnie Dobbins/Wren's Body Shop specials with those screaming Malcuit engines.

I do believe Stan drove Bobby Turner's car some around that time, so that's why you probably remember him in the 31.

Richard Ogle won a ton of limited stuff around TST. Don't remember him doing much in supers. Cars were always sharp.

back before childersburg closed , richard showed up one night when they were having a big , for them , super late model race and they let richard run both classes , sportsman and super, that night with his steel head sportsman and he won both classes against some of the best competition around the south that was there that night .

Thanks or the suggestions guys. Maybe papermen will run across this and have a pic. Seems he isnt posting actively on leebo's corner these days.

Fastford- Seems like he had it goin on back in the early 2000

it was 2001 when he won both those features .

Wow, I was thinking about this guy just the other day. Same as you Chris, couldn't remember his first name, just "Ogle". Fastford, didn't he have Rozar's paint supply as a sponser, or maybe he owned it? The last time I remember him running was at TST. There was a massive pileup under the flagstand and when they pulled his car out of the pile, it looked like junk. Don't ever remember him running after that, sure I'm wrong, but the last time I remember him racing. Guy was good, and always great looking cars!!

his daddy , carl , owned a body shop at moody and bought a lot of paint from them. I also bought all my paint from them back then as well , That was a bad wreck your talking about , our car was one of the three that got draged into the infield that night , it was some fool named Hall , i think from Georgia that caused it, that was a bad night , but thats not what happened to richard , it was controlled substances that got him ,

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    his daddy , carl , owned a body shop at moody and bought a lot of paint from them. I also bought all my paint from them back then as well , That was a bad wreck your talking about , our car was one of the three that got draged into the infield that night , it was some fool named Hall , i think from Georgia that caused it, that was a bad night , but thats not what happened to richard , it was controlled substances that got him ,
    All was Wonder why they called it controlled substances you never in controll ..

some people can get over it , like bloomer did , i guess , but some people cant and ogle was one of them, sad....

Was it Skip Arp?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    Stan only ever drove #22 or occasionally #77, we come from the same hometown, so not Stan or his little brother Eddie.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive