Default Still lack side bite and drive off

I posted a few months ago about lacking side bite and I have tried all the suggestions and found things that helped, but, I'm still not getting the side bite I would like unless the track is super tacky.
    68-72 Chevelle 3300# on 8" E mod tires. 53% rear 52% left and 51% cross. The LF weighs 15# heavier than the RF. 130# of LR bite. Springs are LF 700, RF 750, LR 225, RR 275. rear upper bars are 10 degrees down hill from rear to frame. RR lower bar is flat LR lower bar is 10 degrees up hill from rear to frame. car gets in real good, but, lacks side bite and drive off.
    Last edited by klv8lm; 08-29-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    If your driving on the edge, you are trespassing on my property!!!

How much travel on the RR? How much banking in the track?

moderately banked. About 3" of travel on the shock indicator

I want to say that Right Rear rate is a bit high. I could be wrong though.

I would agree. I think I understand what your reason behind going that stiff is, but you've gone too far. back it down to a 225 and see if that doesn't improve the handling.

I think youre way too soft on the lf. I always started with a 100lb split- lf stiffer.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

What does right side tracking look like?? RR out past RF?? Push RF out tuck RR in. Soften RR spring Abit.
    Josh K.

i would try 275 on the left rear and put the 225 on the right that will tighten the car up on exit. May need to go up to an 800 on the left front and 900 on the right. Left front needs more weight split. Sounds more like you are in a 4 wheel drift and you have been raising the rr spring rate to get it to turn. What is the min. weight you can run? If it is 3300 and you are at 3300 just add more to the left front. A car that handles a little over weight is better than a car that does not handle at weight.

To answer a few of the questions. The RR is tucked in as far as I can, has a 4" offset wheel on it. The RF has a 2" offset with a 1/2 inch spacer. Minimum weight is 3000# but to get any rear percentage I have to be up in the 3300# range. Here are the changes I made and I'll see what it does this weekend. Went to 800# spring in RF and 250# in RR. also raised the ride heights a little on left and lowered on right so the car tilts toward the RF a little instead of the LF.

Another thing to think about.. How much rake do you have in the car? Is the rear ride height so log it's not allowing weight transfer? 1 to 2" is pretty normal in my experience. Have been a little higher at times, and have gone lower with a high banked track to help free the car. This is normally measured down the right side frame rail assuming it's flat front to rear. You would want to do it on the right side because the left side can be a bit different depending on LR bite.

Yes there is 2" of rake.

If you lack side bite I would just swap your front spings side to side.

2 inch rake is a lot I only know of one racer that runs that and it works for him somewhat

I would level the car to 1/2 inch front to rear rake max.

If you have angle in your lower rear control arms level them both out, you will gain drive and side bite from just that alone. that would lower the rear roll center......

Thanks. Right now I have the right side lower level and the left at 10 degrees. I'll drop the rake and see how it does. Was hoping to run last night, but, got rained out.

I always ran my lr lower level and used the rr to set bite.

My trailing arms were mounted as close to the axle tube as possible, 3/32 below it from the top of the trailing arm.