Default 07 Dirtworks DW11-Ford engine?

Hey guys, I need some info. I'm attempting to put a Ford in my DW11, and I'm having issues with the motor plate. I had a Chevy in it prior, and it appears that this car has the engine offset to the right, NOT the left. With the Chevy, I turned the plate around, and all lined up right. The issue with the Ford, is that the bellhousing mounting bolts are not symmetrical. The left and right side bolts above and below the guide pins are different. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Thanks for any response.

Figure out what offset your chevy midplate was and get on UB Machine's website they have a lot of ford midplates or even give them a call

Fire up your drill or welder....I had a Mopar midplate made for my Mastersbilt but I had to relocate the frame mounts
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dereksehi View Post
    Figure out what offset your chevy midplate was and get on UB Machine's website they have a lot of ford midplates or even give them a call
    It's actually a 5/8 REVERSE off-set. A 5/8 off plate works for a Chevy because you can turn it around. For a Ford, it won't work because the bellhousing bolts are located differently on the block. I made a pattern and I have a friend who has a fabrication business. I'm going to have him make me a plate for this.

Krooser, the irony here is that I have a mopar plate for mine. Just got a great deal on the Ford.

That's funny.... what's the chance? I also have a Studebaker one too...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Had a Ford in our DW11. I don't remember having any problems getting a mid plate for it. We didn't have to do anything special. Also don't remember ours being a 5/8" reverse offset.

SPark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Find someone with a bert bell with both patterns on it. Set it on your chevy plate and mark the ford holes. Drill plate. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    Had a Ford in our DW11. I don't remember having any problems getting a mid plate for it. We didn't have to do anything special. Also don't remember ours being a 5/8" reverse offset.

SPark
    SPark, I've been fighting this all fall. I ran a chebby and this wasn't an issue as the chebby plate just reversed. When I switched to the ford, if I try to bolt it in with the standard 5/8 offset plate, the front stool bolts are about 1 1/4 off to the right, the headers don't fit between the steering shaft, the upper hoop, and the head, and everything is way too far left. When I had the chebby in it, I had to flip the plate around backward and everything lined up perfectly. When I tried this with the ford, the bellhousing bolts won't work. Hence where I am now. I have purchased 3 plates for this car thinking I was getting bad plates when the issue is the car. I spoke with another guy with a DW11 and he said they made a change to the chassis to try to get the cars to roll over easier and stay up on the bars, and this is why this one is that way. He said he's had 3 of them and 2 of the 3 were this way. The other one was an early chassis number and it was standard. I don't know if he was blowing smoke or what, but what he's saying is true for this car. I appreciate all of the feedback. When you purchase a name-brand car you don't expect this type of issue. Maybe I should just bolt the mopar in it and let r roll!