Thread: Lr/rr coil over

Default Lr/rr coil over

Has anyone had success with the LR and RR being on a coil over kit, LR behind and RR in front. Typically ya see the rr on a kit and the lr shock in front with eliminator behind. The coil over kit lr seems to let the car jump up on the bars faster. Looking for opinions from others that have ran it.

better have a brake floater, or be a real goof trail-braker.
    you will probably have talk to your shock guy and have a shock built for it.
    it jumps on the bars fast, but it will also fall off them like a cement block.
    very sketchy to drive.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I tried it this past weekend, just as you said it jumps up quick and falls fast. I did not have a dampner shock, im wondering if i had a dampner built with more compression than a 9010 and more rebound, to help dampen the slam and more rebound to slow the hike some. Might could add some rebound to the lr to slow hike some also. Just looking for others that may have tried the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by racer22 View Post
    I tried it this past weekend, just as you said it jumps up quick and falls fast. I did not have a dampner shock, im wondering if i had a dampner built with more compression than a 9010 and more rebound, to help dampen the slam and more rebound to slow the hike some. Might could add some rebound to the lr to slow hike some also. Just looking for others that may have tried the same thing
    Can be done, and it can be fast, but yes a std 9010 is not enough to do this correctly