Default rear trailing out on exit

Been fighting this a long time. What areas should I be changing to fix? I have 7/8 inch trail on right side rear. Thought about shortening to either straight up on even leading RR.?? Normally run 1 3/8" stagger. Car is turning in really good and thru middle pretty good, but can't get hard on throttle coming out without tail trying to go to wall. Ideas???

I would only go a 1/4 inch shorter at a time. Your driver will be able to tell the difference!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Do most running a bisquit straight bar, also run a 90/10 shock? I don't and was wondering if I'm shocking rear tires loose.

Just remove 1/4 of rr trail that should be a big change..

Mods are faster when they tail out so to speak as they are soooo hooked up they need to use that rear trail to arch around the corner. depending where your measuring 7/8 could be a lot of trail and could be too little

Ok, thanks. That's measured with plumb bobs draped over axle tubes on both sides to frame were builder said to measure. Car is at static just like when I measure ride height.

If starting with 7/8, what happens when car rolls over in corner. Bar angles will cause rear axle to move around. You maybe have a lot of rear when car rolls onto right side thru corner.

Do your normal measurements, then put a jack under lr frame rail and jack up a little to simulate cornering. Then recheck measurements

Will try that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pig tracker View Post
    Ok, thanks. That's measured with plumb bobs draped over axle tubes on both sides to frame were builder said to measure. Car is at static just like when I measure ride height.
    sounds good. consider the sources you listen to on here, I see people give posts that are hard line like 7/8 is not enough, period... well they dont know how or where you are measuring...... those people when I was racing and reading I would instantly add to the do not listen to list mentally.

on forums you really have to be cautious you dont know if some fat office guy is just on here reading and then repeating and not even a racer, or maybe he races a pavement car but thinks he knows everything, there is one of those on here and he comments on every single class.

When I comment which is not a lot anymore I try to give a simple solution to work with what you have and not cost you money and look at it as what would I do from his description to my modified or street stock when I raced them myself for the easiest fix or adjustment.

Like I said originally mods trail out, thats when they are fast, i personally didnt like it and kept mine conservative but if I was going to put a real wheel man in my car I would have just trailed it 1/4 more and expected him to blow them away. When I ran it trailed out more it was always faster, but i also always felt like I may not make every corner every lap and I would rather run comfortable and contend for the w some nights vs uncomfortable and be the same.

Thanks. I don't mind it tailing out thru corner(it's drivable) but at corner exit the more I get in throttle the more it keeps tailing out to the extent that I have to get off throttle and whatever I've gained thru corner I lose down straight. Does that explain my problem a little more.

Start with what stock car driver suggested. He is giving you great advice based on experience. That will take a bit of rear steer out but not so much that it doesn't turn and tail out some. Small changes at a time till you like it.

Should I be running a 90/10 shock with a bisquit pull bar? Just curious.

I would ask your chassis builder. I do know that GRT says to run one always with a biscuit bar!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I ran with a 9010 and without, I did not personally like the 9010 I ended up running a 00 so I had it in case my bar broke or a 3010. To me the 9010 seemed to delay my entry feel, I tried 9010 6010 3010.

the 9010 shouldnt effect exit from my understanding.

Ok, that is what I was fishing for-if without 90/10 I was shocking the rear tires loose. I still haven't got a chance to check my car with left jacked up yet. I have a feeling it just might show be exactly where I am at on trail.

It doesnt really matter what jacking up the lr shows, since you know you dont like it now, you need to make a simple adj of both rs bars and give the car what it wants. if you go messing with lr, top shock or any other stuff you could end up more lost. Its real easy to get a modified all mixed up.... you see half the field mixed up at half the tracks in the usa if you ask me because people change too much.

for me once my car was comfortable i was only adj rr trail for heat to feature and lr lower bar up or down on mud etc.

Excessive LS bar angle will cause this too

Finally got car out to track. Shortened right side 1/4 ". Car did stay behind me, actually steered out thru corner like it should, then came back under me. At least it did keep trailing out down the straight-a-way. Now to need to work getting a little more bite coming out. Thanks to all.