Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora record crowd for The World

More than the trucks more than The Kings Royal, pretty impressive to say the least.

They came and JD stunk up the show
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Betcha the folks down in Daytona Beach would like to have something that's still growing instead of dying. 😎

They came for that Superman ass kickin.

And got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Betcha the folks down in Daytona Beach would like to have something that's still growing instead of dying. 
    Sadly Eldora is starting to get the NASCAR feel, what goes up must come down.

How many people do they figure were there?

179032 !!!

It seemed like about the same as always as far as I was concerned. This was my 25th World 100 and I actually think there were more people there 5 years ago than this past weekend. It seems to me they had announced a few years ago the crowd was well over 25,000

There may have been a lot, but there is no way they had more than when the NASCAR drivers came for the Prelude shows.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    There may have been a lot, but there is no way they had more than when the NASCAR drivers came for the Prelude shows.
    They announced a record crowd Saturday for any event at Eldora.

In my opinion, it looked like the most people I've seen at Eldora. I knew with how big the crowd was on Friday that Saturday was going to be huge.

I was at 2 or 3 of preludes, including the first one. The crowds were big, but not what was there Saturday.

They announced Thursday night it was the biggest crowd for the Thursday show that they've had since they started the 3 day long show. So it was kind of leaning to the biggest show they have ever had the first night.

According to the DoD announcers, it was the largest crowd ever at Eldora. Ever. It was also a bigger crowd than the Stanley Cup and NBA finals. Did the Band getting back together play a role?

I heard the announcement and I know what they said, but I dunno and I will tell you why.
    They musta all been campers then, cuz the parking situation was the best its been in a few years.
    Arrived at 7:30pm on Thursday and parked in the second row (towards the track) of the main parking lot.
    Not unusual, but a little lighter than I expected for the Thursday night show.
    Friday, got there at 5:30pm and was thinking it might be border line to get a spot. Nope, parked about the same spot.
    Got there at a typical time on Saturday, maybe even a bit later, 2pm thinking there is no way I am getting in the main lot, because I haven't for years.
    The past4/5 years, even getting there early on Saturday, I've had to park in speedy lot. I was expecting the same.
    Got to park in the second row again and when walking up noticed a few open spots right by the smoking area gates so I moved the car there. Unheard of.

And to me, the crowd inside looked on par to a typical world100 and seemed less than the first truck race, which is the most packed I have ever felt it was.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

By 1:30 the main lot was getting pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) full

Seems like every year it doesn't matter if the lot is full or not, there is always those a$$holes who decide to park horizontal and block people in. Security needs to worry more about that then the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sun awnings they make people take down.

If the awnings don't take up parking or inhibit traffic it should be fine but. Then come the a holes

One thing to keep in mind, I don't believe the public can/could buy pit passes for the Prelude or the truck race. For the World 100, there's always at least a few hundred people roaming the pits at any given time. FWIW Speedy was packed this year......didn't make it to any other campgrounds.

If Was 25K There That Means More There Than At Richmond Cup Race,HUH