Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora Track Prep or Lack of Track Prep

Well this year brought another snooze fest, cars looked painfully slow with zero traction.

Why doesn't Eldora work on the track surface during the race program like all other tracks are now doing?

Vendors are showing up with more rose colored glasses!!!

Honestly JD just stunk it up.

I tought it was racey,had the zero not broke you would have seen a pass for the lead.

They are prepping the world like they have been prepping the truck races since day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Blackie View Post
    The more it becomes like nascar, the more people it attracts. $$$$$$$$$ Tony has almost got 'er where he wanted it.
    You can only fool the fan out of his hard earned money for just so long. Napcar tv coverage shows many empty seats at almost every cup event. It's just a matter of time before eldora has the same poor attendance.

If everyone hates it....why do you watch it?????? The powers to be could care less if you love it or hate it, just so you pay to see it! Quit going or buying ppv then you will have a say, until then ,the more you whine the happier they are. Simple business

The track was fine. There was lots of passing.

Quote Originally Posted by b1eagle View Post
    I tought it was racey,had the zero not broke you would have seen a pass for the lead.
    No chance the zero wins.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The track really wasn't bad. The problem is the tire rule. It pains me to watch cars struggle to simply roll the corner. They drive like a 1 legger go kart with slicks on the front.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No chance the zero wins.
    There still hoping!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    They are prepping the world like they have been prepping the truck races since day 1...
    I agree with this, the only difference is Earl isn't there anymore to disc it right before the feature.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

As with every topic opinions very, I thought they did a great job of making the track as racy as possible, inside, middle, or the top cars where racing all over, a little dust, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good job with no rubber..... Once the fastest car got out front the rest where racing for second on back. The worst racing night I thought was the night it rained and it wwas a choo-choo hammer down and follow who ever happened to start out front. When its tacky just about any car can go fast because the track has alot of grip, once it gets slick handling and car control are where the drivers shine, and you can pass!!
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 09-14-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Friday night was blistering fast until the features . And the rubbing order after the first turn stayed the same till the end. The worst heat races I've ever seen. When everyone is wide open no one can pass. When everyone is half throttle when a car hits a patch of traction it blows past the other car. The track was absolutely perfect Saturday after the second heat. Cars were fast in every groove and there wasn't a dominate groove

Quote Originally Posted by b1eagle View Post
    It wouldn't of been by the 0,he wasn't going anywhere.Overton had a shot at it.

The zero should just retire in shame. You know since he's always known to show his hand in the first half of the race and blow his load early .... you can't count the zero out until he's in the pits, a lap down or the race is over ... period

Saturday heats was good all the way til the feature should've gave it a little tear up and water while introductions was going on...night it rained should've ran it in more for the heats...Thursday wasn't to bad...all in all not bad but I told my buddy no water before feature it will rubber up with 30 to go...it rubbered up with 30 to go and ran the bart Hartman line when it rubbered up then
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

There was a few drivers that may of had a chance if circumstances where just a little different. Satterly, Overton, Bloomquist , McDowel and Simpson. This is how it turned out and I'm sure JD fans didn't think it was ho hum. Next race and new circumstances.

Cool Seen better, seen worse

All in all, pretty good show. I do agree with birky time that there was a bit of rubber going down late in the race, but still pretty good.

IMO, track prep at Eldora has become about trying to make it dry slick from top to bottom. They almost had it Saturday, but like birky time, I think Thursday would've been a bit better. A lot of guys challenged by the tire rule too.......which I believe is a good thing.

Great crowd, great energy...........no doubt about that.

Go18!!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Well this year brought another snooze fest, cars looked painfully slow with zero traction.

Why doesn't Eldora work on the track surface during the race program like all other tracks are now doing?
    I think they had it just the way they wanted it. With everybody on same rubber this is what you get.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive