Question Stagger in a purestock camaro?

I have a late 70s Pure Stock Camaro I race a quarter-mile track semi high-banked how much stagger should I run in the front and the rear I run modified Tires. Any and all helps appreciated help with wheel offsets would also be appreciated.

we dont run a camaro, but on our 1/3 mile semi banked, we have 1 1/2 -2" in rear. Front around 1". wheels: lf 4, rf 2, rr 4. lr 2 or 3 depending on track

my leaf car didnt like the rr or lr tucked in, it always seemed better square. I would run 3 inch wheels all around and 1 inch spacers on front and lr so you can remove one here or there as needed for a adjustment. Thats what Ive always done.

front stagger I didnt worry about so long as it was 1 to 0 and either way was fine with me meaning none, 1 inch stagger front or 1 inch bigger left front. the front tires are not spooled it doesnt matter much just scale numbers a little.

rear 1.5 on mod tires is target if you are on imca hoosier or the american racer. if you on d or A hoosier you would want up to 3 inch as they have a ton more grip
    Last edited by stock car driver; 09-14-2017 at 08:20 AM.

I agree with SCR, I have a 76 Camaro pure stock, I run 3" offsets on all 4 corners on DOT tires (track rules). Get as close to even up as you can on the front (I run 3/4" front stagger), I run 2" stagger in the rear. Car tends to push on corner entry on a wet/tacky track (still trying to fix that issue) but the car really comes alive when the track dries out.
    Tire pressures will affect handling quite a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman29 View Post
    I agree with SCR, I have a 76 Camaro pure stock, I run 3" offsets on all 4 corners on DOT tires (track rules). Get as close to even up as you can on the front (I run 3/4" front stagger), I run 2" stagger in the rear. Car tends to push on corner entry on a wet/tacky track (still trying to fix that issue) but the car really comes alive when the track dries out.
    Tire pressures will affect handling quite a bit as well.
    take some anti-dive out of the LF upper a arm.
    that will help corner entry
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.