Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Exactly what I read in between the lines too........is this the same idiot that was recharging people to get back in the gate when they went out to their car during the race for something?

Or is that another idiot?
    That was Peoria Speedway.

I watched a flat track moto race last night from the Peoria ttp I think is what they called it......that was bad a ss.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Hard to believe that the promoter listened to and took social media so seriously. What you do in those situations is tell your critics to GFY, provided you pay any attention to them at all.
    Kinda disagree if the criticism is warranted and given constructively .....its pretty easy to spot the loose cannons and snowflakes if as a promoter you are paying attention.

Who ran K3 in 1981?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I watched a flat track moto race last night from the Peoria ttp I think is what they called it......that was bad a ss.
    BBQB, the motorcycle race you watched was not run on the same track as where the late models, mods and midgets, etc. race. The TT motorcycle race is contested on a track that is owned and operated by the Peoria Motorcycle Club. The PMC boasts the Peoria TT as the longest consecutive running dirt track motorcycle race in the world. I don't doubt their word on it. I live just an hour from the TT track and it's a very cool event.

Peoria Speedway is in fact where they would charge you to re-enter if you needed to go to your vehicle. Peoria Speedway was one of the best and most popular speedway's in Illinois at one time but the glory days of PS are long since a mere memory.

And you're right! The Peoria TT is pure badass!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    BBQB, the motorcycle race you watched was not run on the same track as where the late models, mods and midgets, etc. race. The TT motorcycle race is contested on a track that is owned and operated by the Peoria Motorcycle Club. The PMC boasts the Peoria TT as the longest consecutive running dirt track motorcycle race in the world. I don't doubt their word on it. I live just an hour from the TT track and it's a very cool event.

Peoria Speedway is in fact where they would charge you to re-enter if you needed to go to your vehicle. Peoria Speedway was one of the best and most popular speedway's in Illinois at one time but the glory days of PS are long since a mere memory.

And you're right! The Peoria TT is pure badass!!
    I tuned in thinking it would be the track for the cars, but they did a pretty good job of covering it and when I saw the switchback and jumps figured no way it was the car track....it was really cool to watch.

I'm not exactly a motorcycle guy, but like almost all racing of all types and that was just cool.....would love to spend a weekend camping at the track and taking it all in.

Mere speculation on my part, but I wondered if it wasn't the Fair Board looking at comments and feedback on social media and in response either questioned/confronted the promoter/s with it, or flat out said they would be going with someone else next year...which resulted in the promoter/s saying forget the rest of this year then. Who knows, undoubtedly three sides to the story like most situations.

I did wonder though, with their now finishing out the season (a win for everyone, overall), are the points still done with as previously announced? It looks like most divisions were already locked up, but in the Crates Morris and Metille are tied. I'd hate to see anyone declared a Champion, only to find out there's still one more week of points racing.

K3 at one time did not allow reentry but didn't last long, may have been under Judy. Boswell does not allow reentry and Peoria does allow you to retrieve blankets medicine etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Kenny is right on the money. There are still some tracks that can run weekly shows. In general though, many of these promoters should take his advice. It isn't rocket science he is speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Who ran K3 in 1981?
    that would be Wayne Etzel