Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Kankakee shutting down and blaming......

You guessed it, again that evil social media has ruined their reputations and they are shutting the doors on the 2017 season. Here is their drama filled Facebook post.

To all the sponsors, fans and drivers that have supported Kankakee County Speedway in 2017, thank you. Although we have considered 2017 a success, due to relentless controversy throughout social media against Kankakee County Speedway, we have decided to make the difficult decision to shut down for the remainder of the 2017 season. Tom and Dave have decided that it is not in our families best interest to continue with this season. A group of people have put us in a position to make a decision that we did not want to make. Social media IS killing the sport that we love as it causes negative impacts towards the moral of all involved. Sometimes we need to remember the old adage "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all".

We have put our heart and soul into making Kankakee County Speedway a family friendly, fun place to go on Friday nights but it is painfully obvious no matter how hard we work it just doesn't matter to some. We have put forth an extreme amount of effort to provide the best racing possible but apparently we have not succeeded. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please before you say anything about this post or any other track ask yourself if it's going to do any good or is it going to harm our sport even more. We hope that everyone involved will take this time over the off season to stop and think about their part in what makes racing great or not so great and how to come together again as a family instead of more ways to pick our track apart.

Honestly we are tired. We are tired of the constant complaining, the constant bickering, the constant lack of respect and the constant picking apart of everything we try to do to keep this track open with little to no support of the community. We are just exhausted by all of these things.

Thank you for your support.

We would like to thank all of our great sponsors, Browns Towing, Kankakee A&J Disposal, Court Street Ford, Riverside Medical Center, Miller Hydraulic, Country Chevrolet, QTD, Indulgent Creations, Chris Tippitt, Interstate Batteries, Osterhoff Fence, CED Electric Supply, 121 Graphixs, Smitty's Landscaping & Tree Service, Mater Oil, Poor Boy Resturant, Brammmer Farms and the entire (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts family.

Sincerely,
    Dave Whittington
    and the entire Kankakee County Speedway staff.

They have one night left and a fun night. Not much they're cancelling. Don't know the play nor the owners so...

They are a BIG Joke....... And its there Fault They $uck...

Liars! No one talks about kkk anymore. No one cares cause smith killed it.

They are obviously snowflakes and can't take any criticism without melting down. Every racetrack has an equal chance of success, if the promoter blows it they have nobody to blame but themselves.

That's too bad. I had planned on going there this Friday because they were "scheduled" to run supers, but then I saw it mysteriously disappeared from the schedule. Now I see why.

Where is this negative social media? Really I have not read anything what so ever about kkk other than the few up dates that come from people. I take it as only an excuse. May he he could hook up with Mike daughtery. I guess this means the bs starts with the fairboard again, or is he coming back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Where is this negative social media? Really I have not read anything what so ever about kkk other than the few up dates that come from people. I take it as only an excuse. May he he could hook up with Mike daughtery. I guess this means the bs starts with the fairboard again, or is he coming back next year.
    If he comes back next year the place will be Dead for scour...

No dog in this fight but ya hate to see any track shut down at this point.
    8/13/16

Most tracks close this time of year. So they think that don't deserve a public opinion????

I love it when so someone cries about lack of respect when they done nothing to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    You guessed it, again that evil social media has ruined their reputations and they are shutting the doors on the 2017 season. Here is their drama filled Facebook post.

To all the sponsors, fans and drivers that have supported Kankakee County Speedway in 2017, thank you. Although we have considered 2017 a success, due to relentless controversy throughout social media against Kankakee County Speedway, we have decided to make the difficult decision to shut down for the remainder of the 2017 season. Tom and Dave have decided that it is not in our families best interest to continue with this season. A group of people have put us in a position to make a decision that we did not want to make. Social media IS killing the sport that we love as it causes negative impacts towards the moral of all involved. Sometimes we need to remember the old adage "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all".

We have put our heart and soul into making Kankakee County Speedway a family friendly, fun place to go on Friday nights but it is painfully obvious no matter how hard we work it just doesn't matter to some. We have put forth an extreme amount of effort to provide the best racing possible but apparently we have not succeeded. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please before you say anything about this post or any other track ask yourself if it's going to do any good or is it going to harm our sport even more. We hope that everyone involved will take this time over the off season to stop and think about their part in what makes racing great or not so great and how to come together again as a family instead of more ways to pick our track apart.

Honestly we are tired. We are tired of the constant complaining, the constant bickering, the constant lack of respect and the constant picking apart of everything we try to do to keep this track open with little to no support of the community. We are just exhausted by all of these things.

We would like to thank all of our great sponsors, Browns Towing, Kankakee A&J Disposal, Court Street Ford, Riverside Medical Center, Miller Hydraulic, Country Chevrolet, QTD, Indulgent Creations, Chris Tippitt, Interstate Batteries, Osterhoff Fence, CED Electric Supply, 121 Graphixs, Smitty's Landscaping & Tree Service, Mater Oil, Poor Boy Resturant, Brammmer Farms and the entire (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts family.

Sincerely,
    Dave Whittington
    You can be naïve and think it (the social media negativity) doesn't matter, but you would be dead wrong.

Some see it one way. I see it another. Everyone understands car counts are down everywhere. It is very unfortunate that the track closed. It sounds like they really are only losing a few shows. Presently there just isn't enough cars to go around. So by losing a track someone is going to gain cars. Nobody is a winner on a deal like this but it is what it is and hopefully another track is going to remain open.

Don't give people a reason to complain on social media and there aren't any issues. Typically the complaints are valid. The feedback given on social media is invaluable, it tells you what you need to do to fix your racetrack. Embrace it. The funny thing is promoters never "blame" social media for hugely successful shows. In those cases the promoters take all the credit. Social media is just any easy scapegoat because promoters can't admit that they are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    I love it when so someone cries about lack of respect when they done nothing to earn it.
    Late summer entry for post of the dam year right there folks.........don't know the backstory, and hate it like everybody that they are shuttering.

But If they are using social media to promote the place, then they can't whine when others use it to voice there opinion of its merits and there experience........bad press is easily discounted by fans and racers if it's just bad press,more often than not when promoters blaim social media for ALL or MOST of their bad press issues its code for " we aren't listening, we don't care , if you don't like it go somewhere else and race.

Everything I've ever heard about the place has been pretty good as far as the actual track and racing goes,hope it gets better for the fans and the racers in that region.....that's who usually suffers on these deals.

On the plus side, it's always cool when a track reopens under a new promoter or just reopens period.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

No reason for any track to try to run Friday nights after school starts

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Don't give people a reason to complain on social media and there aren't any issues. Typically the complaints are valid. The feedback given on social media is invaluable, it tells you what you need to do to fix your racetrack. Embrace it. The funny thing is promoters never "blame" social media for hugely successful shows. In those cases the promoters take all the credit. Social media is just any easy scapegoat because promoters can't admit that they are clueless.
    People cry about anything. Just look on this site you see it on weekly basis. You see it this pass week at knoxville, before at Eldora, ECT. People moan just to moan.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    No reason for any track to try to run Friday nights after school starts
    I couldnt wait for friday after school go to the track then go to track on sat. But hey I guess that was just me and my friends back then.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    They are obviously snowflakes and can't take any criticism without melting down. Every racetrack has an equal chance of success, if the promoter blows it they have nobody to blame but themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    OMG stay off the internet then...to take ur ball and go home? Does Kyle Busch or Floyd Mayweather quit cause if they read all the negative stuff about them theyd prob feel like dying...point is you dont read into it work harder!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post

Sincerely,
    Dave Whittington
    So.............we can assume the owners are SNOWFLAKES......like a few on here are.
    Last edited by formercrewguy; 09-18-2017 at 09:19 PM.