Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gman17 View Post
    Macon speedway,,,, have not seen were someone is runnig it next year maybe 2 tracks not open next year KKK and Macon... Bob says its for lease... Hes not running it next year...Where did u see this?
    It was on a DoD story in the spring he said he was doing just to much, and I called him and he said Hes just going to do less...
    Call or email the track he will tell you it for lease...

reid boys, was the first race the one they cancelled because it was to dusty? That was the last time I was there. Hauled butt up there, making a 3 hour drive getting there late, only to see a large cloud of dust and the races getting cancelled before paying to get in.

Yes sir. Just got hot laps in and cancelled one of the weirdest cancellation I've been part of.

Bloomy most definitely has raced at Kankakee. If you check the results for the 1990 UMP Summernationals it clearly shows that bloomy won the Kankakee SN race on July 22nd. I was at Kankakee that night. The late model I was involved with at that time won the heat race that bloomy was in but we couldn't get the feature win.

Back in those days if you beat bloomy, even if it was only in a heat race, it was something to crow about!
    Last edited by CIRF; 09-19-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Bloomy most definitely has raced at Kankakee. If you check the results for the 1990 UMP Summernationals it clearly shows that bloomy won the Kankakee SN race on July 22nd. I was at Kankakee that night. The late model I was involved with at that time won the heat race that bloomy was in but we couldn't get the feature win.

Back in those days if you beat bloomy, even if it was only in a heat race, it was something to crow about!
    Go look at the list of Track Champs its a list of whos who in ill

May 29th, 2003 I believe was his last appearance at Kankakee, in a UDTRA sanctioned event
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

IL still has the best talent out there

It would be great to see every Illinois driver that's good show up at Peoria on the 30th. That would make a whale of a race

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Bloomy most definitely has raced at Kankakee. If you check the results for the 1990 UMP Summernationals it clearly shows that bloomy won the Kankakee SN race on July 22nd. I was at Kankakee that night. The late model I was involved with at that time won the heat race that bloomy was in but we couldn't get the feature win.Back in those days if you beat bloomy, even if it was only in a heat race, it was something to crow about!
    Still is if it's not an invert race! LOL! Who was driving that car. Other than Volusia 1984, I didn't go to any big shows until 1995 so that's how I missed those. Thanks.

Great track, you can run 3-4 wide, plenty of pit area, great location, you can pull cars from all over northern and central IL and IN. I really feel that Dave tries to do a great track prep but Tom is his own worst enemy. My Dad raced there in the 50's I and my three boys have raced there since 97. Smitty would have been smart a few years ago to just sit somewhere on Friday nights and not be heard from. In 04-07 it was nothing to have 35-40 street stocks, 30-35 4cyl, 25+ Mods, and 20+ LM. I have seen Tom argue with fans in the stands and tell them if they don't like the way he runs things to not come back. He personally jumped in my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) for something I did not do and all he did was point his finger and continue to bitch till I just walked away. I really love the track and hope it doesn't close. I didn't race there last year and only went once this year.

Apparently the fans in the stands listened.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

For immediate release,

As we have had time to reflect on our decision, we feel that we have let every one of our fans, drivers and sponsors down. You spoke and we listened. We were overwhelmed by the outcry of response to our notice on Monday in regards to finishing our season early. With many internal discussions and a lot of soul-searching we have decided to reschedule this Friday, September 22nd race to be ran on Friday, September 29th. The formats and payouts will remain as previously advertised. The Run Whatcha Brung and swap meet will also be held on Sunday October 8th as originally scheduled.

We would like to apologize for our actions as a whole. On Wednesday, September 20th Kankakee Speedway officials sat down with the Kankakee County Fair board of directors and discussed what had transpired throughout this week. We came together and all agreed that shutting down for the season was not the correct way to handle the situation. I'll be the first one to admit I got beat down by the negativity and it got the best of me. However it's time to put that aside, get to work and continue to make Kankakee Speedway a fun, friendly and family orientated racing facility. I hope everyone agrees and thank you. #KCS

September 29th
    Championship night
    Grandstands--$10
    Pits--$35

Sincerely,
    Dave, Tom and the entire KCS Staff

First thing he done right the hole time hes run it...

I hear they make medicine for this kind of stuff..........

I'm guessing they threatened breech of contract, this time I agree with the board but the damage already has been done.wouldnt expect many to show up

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I hear they make medicine for this kind of stuff..........
    Those people don't have the social skills to be dealing with the public, time to move on.

I had planned to go tonight. next week he may change his mind again and cancel. I'll be at Tri-city for mod mania

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    I'm guessing they threatened breech of contract, this time I agree with the board but the damage already has been done.wouldnt expect many to show up
    Exactly what I read in between the lines too........is this the same idiot that was recharging people to get back in the gate when they went out to their car during the race for something?

Or is that another idiot?

Hard to believe that the promoter listened to and took social media so seriously. What you do in those situations is tell your critics to GFY, provided you pay any attention to them at all.