Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    OMG stay off the internet then...to take ur ball and go home? Does Kyle Busch or Floyd Mayweather quit cause if they read all the negative stuff about them theyd prob feel like dying...point is you dont read into it work harder!
    Tell you truth that comparing Apple's to oranges. They need haters. Because haters will pay to see if they lose. Track and promoter don't need hate. But if I was looking from track owner, would do the best I could really good racing surface, classes, seating, ECT. But I would give middle finger to the people that complain about every little thing every weekend  like BBQ says "good bbq not cheap", good track with good quality of classes and racing not cheap to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    People cry about anything. Just look on this site you see it on weekly basis. You see it this pass week at knoxville, before at Eldora, ECT. People moan just to moan.
    Nobody cares what those people have to say. In all reality you're a complete moron if you don't attend a track based on what people say on social media. It's just another form of fake news. People with a brain attend tracks and form their own opinions, so blaming social media for closing is an idiotic cop-out. Obviously people didn't attend the track because it was poorly managed. There are plenty of other tracks out there that are successful. People would respect them a lot more if they just admit that they failed.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 09-18-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    So.............we can assume the owners are SNOWFLAKES......like a few on here are.
    Brrrrrrrrr.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Maybe the Kankakee promotion team can pair up with the Oshkosh team and hold a workshop on how to mis-manage a dirt track. Session 1...how to screw up special events, Session 2...how to screw up track prep, Session 3...feel sorry for us, "we're working so hard," Session 4...how to drive away the paying customer and blame everyone else for it

Did Bloomer ever run there? I saw O'neal win a. Summer National there before, and I think Moyer won a 15K there a long time ago.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Did Bloomer ever run there? I saw O'neal win a. Summer National there before, and I think Moyer won a 15K there a long time ago.
    Yes Bloomquist has raced there in the past as well.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Bloomer has ran there Moyer and O'Neal have won several times as has babb. One of the best races I ever saw was Roderick memorial early 2000's. Seven drivers fighting for the lead for 75 laps with O'Neal coming out on top. Used to be great racing there every week in all classes. The late model drivers left after smith took over. To be a promoter you need to have people skills and thick skin. By the way that s also when the fans left.

Mr Whittington u make no sense

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Nobody cares what those people have to say. In all reality you're a complete moron if you don't attend a track based on what people say on social media. It's just another form of fake news. People with a brain attend tracks and form their own opinions, so blaming social media for closing is an idiotic cop-out. Obviously people didn't attend the track because it was poorly managed. There are plenty of other tracks out there that are successful. People would respect them a lot more if they just admit that they failed.
    Well 90% of tracks are trash if you look up on 4m search once you start reading what people post on here lol. Just like people bash a track, that never been to the track. "I read it on social media, so I blasted the track too, but never been to the Track." Then you hàve people trying to start their own racing media news feed. they blast tracks just get drama started to get foot traffic to their page to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Well 90% of tracks are trash if you look up on 4m search once you start reading what people post on here lol. Just like people bash a track, that never been to the track. "I read it on social media, so I blasted the track too, but never been to the Track." Then you hàve people trying to start their own racing media news feed. they blast tracks just get drama started to get foot traffic to their page to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Lackie View Post
    I'm surprised it lasted this long, this time.
    Won't be long now......

if opinions on social media does not matter , then my question is what happened to this social site ? 10 years ago , there would be over 100 people on here every time you signed on , now there is 40 , people on here complain all the time about trolls and such and there done with this site , whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    if opinions on social media does not matter , then my question is what happened to this social site ? 10 years ago , there would be over 100 people on here every time you signed on , now there is 40 , people on here complain all the time about trolls and such and there done with this site , whats the difference?
    This social site has a lot more competition now........couple that with the laugable moderation and the ridiculous off limits favoritism they show to certain posters and sponsors and you have where we are today.

It's a cool site......but other than that, it's just a cool site......it isn't a life changer like some make it out to be.

what i read a couple days ago is they cancelled the ump lates from this Friday show because Peoria is running and there wasnt much interest. but they didnt drop the pit pass price which was $40 but did give a lower price on admission and alotta people were complaining. its a shame i wanted to run the run what ya brung show for fun and i like the track just tough for me to run on Fridays because of work.

Quad City Raceway shut down early also. They said it was because of too much drama

Most tracks used to be done before Labor Day

Will use to you had a 1000 or so lates in Ill.. now you have 100sed of lates in Ill.. You now have to fight to get them to your track... You run it like a bunch of Morons you lose....They run it like a bunch of Morons so I cant cry for them... Just hope the next ones run it a lot better....Think KKK will run but it will not be a weekly LM track...Just not enuff cars...

Macon speedway,,,, have not seen were someone is runnig it next year maybe 2 tracks not open next year KKK and Macon... Bob says its for lease... Hes not running it next year...

Anybody got a picture of Bloomquist at Kankakee? I won't believe it until I see it. It must have been the year he ran the Summer Nationals.

Was during SummerNationals. We ran some after race practice laps and he asked for a 4 wheeler ride to the front stretch. Good conversation with him.