Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Knoxville track conditions

Finally someone besides me is saying it.

While I do respect Jason's opinion (we are all entitled to them), the Duncans are the best in the business.
    You KNOW what you are going to get when you go there, its ALWAYS the same.
    If that's not your cup of tea, then don't go.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Problem is if they let it get to dry and it takes rubber everyone complains about the tire bill. Promoters really can't win. My dad always said don't bitch about the track it's the same for everyone on it..... make the best of it

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    While I do respect Jason's opinion (we are all entitled to them), the Duncans are the best in the business.
    You KNOW what you are going to get when you go there, its ALWAYS the same.
    If that's not your cup of tea, then don't go.
    It's not always been the same. Ever since Francis won in 2012 the track has gotten faster and faster.

I guess from this point forward we shouldn't have any threads discussing the fuel stop, car count, or the fact they only had two races Saturday night.

Knoxville track prep guys throughout the season do sprint cars only. My question is does the track do their own thing on prep or is Lucas officials telling them what they want.

Knoxville is one of a kind, you know what you are going to get before you go there. If its not your cup of tea don't drink it.

What happened to keeping the drivers guessing what the track conditions will do throughout the night.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOESTRING TRVLR View Post
    What happened to keeping the drivers guessing what the track conditions will do throughout the night.
    It all ended when they started passing out participation trophys to everyone........not talking specifically about the track fwiw.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think it's the best track in the country. Some cars aren't up to it. You do realize, it rained 2 of 3 days there. The rain Sat. would have put a lot of tracks out of business for the night. Knoxville is a test, but look at the pay out sheet.

The Thing people seam to forget is its DIRT lots of things can change it, rain or no rain, or water truck or No water truck,,, Knox is about the same all the time or rain will change it... Big pay live with it or stay home......

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I think it's the best track in the country. Some cars aren't up to it. You do realize, it rained 2 of 3 days there. The rain Sat. would have put a lot of tracks out of business for the night. Knoxville is a test, but look at the pay out sheet.
    Friday night was just as fast as the other two nights. It's become a trend the feature is hammer down, especially the first half the race. The only reason they had a fuel issue last year was because the pace was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fast.

Yeah.... the Saturday night A main purse is good. The rest of it, nothing to brag about. They haven't put one penny more into the purse in 10 years. The drivers notice that stuff. For some, the shine has worn off Knoxville.

I sat in the stands listening to the driver interviews and thought to myself what a bunch of whiners. McCreadie mentioned they tore up the track during the rain and now the track will be rough. Wrong it was smooth. Others mentioned its hard on equipment and engines. Heres a thought, put a gear in the car so its not revving 10 freaking grand for 100 laps. Never have I seen so many people complain that the track was too good.Don't get me wrong I like late models and I think this race is one of the best every year. But good grief.

Roger on the gear comment....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Knoxville has always been hard on motors. I've been going to that race every year since 2008 and I haven't noticed any difference in how they have farmed the track. The changes in the cars have caused the increase in speeds.

I thought the racing was great for three days.

The drivers better consider the fans or only a fringe will be watching. Tired of the complaining and some so particular that they will sometimes load and leave.

Fewer fans equals weaker purses and parked cars.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 09-19-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Is there anything Feger doesn't complain to reporters about?

He has been on a roll, maybe too much bush? Something isn't right in his camp.

There was a time when Fager could not keep up on slick tracks. Seems like when drivers find out the secrets to success on dry slick they, then change their tune on preference.