For Immediate Release:
September 20, 2017

Tyler Bare and Booper Bare Racing endure a very successful Fastrak World Championship Weekend… Exciting opportunities on the horizon in preparation for 2018.

Crate Late Model Racing’s Super Bowl took place this past weekend in Jamaica, Virginia as The Fastrak World Championships took center stage at the Virginia Motor Speedway. This is the weekend Booper Bare Racing and 3rd Generation chauffer Tyler Bare had been waiting for as they had this event circled on their calendar as soon as the dates were announced late last year.

First up in the action-packed weekend was Friday night’s Fastrak World Challenge which would pay a cool $5,000 to the winner. 37 teams entered Friday’s “Invitation only” portion of the 2-day event. Tyler and the team unloaded a pair of Immaculately prepared Rocket Chassis ready to battle the best Crate Racers in the country. Tyler would draw an early number for qualifying and pilot the Lee-Hi Truck Parts/White’s Travel Center No. 30 around the big half mile with a time of 18.497, good enough for 2nd in his group. After finishing a close 2nd in Heat Race No.1, the team went right to work getting ready for the 40-lap feature to be run later that night. Bare would roll off from inside of row number 3 and immediately get shuffled back to 8th place at the start. Once things settled down, Tyler would patiently work his way towards the front taking over 2nd place on a lap 33 restart with an inside power move in turn 1 and immediately begin to close on the leader. As the 2 laps to go sign was waved from the flag stand, Bare pulled almost dead even with leader Justin Williams on the front stretch but could not make the pass stick and Tyler would have to settle with a runner-up podium finish.

As the Saturday morning sun set high over the Virginia Motor Speedway pits, anticipation for the Fastrak World Championship matched the rising unseasonably hot temperatures that plagued Eastern Virginia for the middle of September. Saturday’s World Championship brought an unprecedented 71 teams, all vying for the $20,000 to win championship. With a pill draw of 98 (Out of 100), Tyler and the team found themselves buried deep in group No.8. With a qualifying lap of 18.794, the Wood Equipment Co./Loco-Motives mount would roll off 4th in Heat Race No.8. With only the top 2 spots transferring to the feature and only 8 laps to do it, Bare got up on the wheel and battled to a close 3rd place finish which sent him straight to a B-Main. Starting 2nd in B-main No.4, Tyler left no doubt as he grabbed the lead at the start and lead all 12 laps locking him directly into the biggest race of the year. With the fireworks and 4-abreast salute to the fans parade lap in the books, it was time to get down to business. The May’s Recycling/Integra/Rocket would roll off from the 20th starting spot, with 60 laps to get it done. Settling in for the first few laps, Tyler would start his march forward and by lap 10 he was flirting with the top ten. While running 9th on a lap 19 restart, Tyler would get jammed up as group of cars in front of him got together. When the dust settled Tyler was one of 8 cars involved sitting sideways at the pit entrance in turn 4. Tyler would bring his Countryline Inc./Southlex Cattle ride onto pit road to the attention of the Booper Bare Racing crew who went to work on the nose that had been pushed up after contact with the pit opening. Restarting back at the tail of the field, Tyler again would start his match forward hitting the top 10 by lap number 38. The car was working great as Bare could get through turns 3 and 4 better than anyone. As the track slicked off and took a little rubber, Tyler would dispense on Devan Moran and Trent Ivey to grab the 5th spot with 10 laps to go. He closed in on 4th place Walker Arthur as the laps expired, settling for a hard earned 5th place finish at the end of the 60-lap affair. It was certainly a successful weekend for Tyler and the team.

“Of course, we came to win, but we still had an overall decent weekend” Said the 23-year-old Bare, when reached by phone Monday night. “To see that many cars show up, is certainly great for our sport and it really makes everyone step up their game. If you’re just a little off, you dig yourselves a hole and we did that a little bit on Saturday in qualifying but my team worked their tails off all day and we got everything better. Friday, we were really good and I believe we were better than Justin at the end. Him and I have had our ups and downs this year and didn’t want to push the issue if there wasn’t a clean way by. Congratulations to Him JC and Marsha, they had a good car and did a great job” added Tyler.

“Saturday was a success even though we didn’t come to run 5th. I felt like the car was a lot better than the finish but having to come from the back twice didn’t help. Once we got to Walker, the track started to take rubber and I knew we were about where we’d end up. I can’t thank my guys enough, they worked all weekend in the heat. We got some extra help from Lee-Hi Truck Parts/White’s Travel Centers, Wood Heavy Equipment and May’s Recycling this weekend. I really appreciate what they have done all year, then to again help us this weekend was great. Every sponsor on this car is a big part of this team and I can’t begin to thank them enough. I feel very honored to have the help we do, Steve & Mark at Rocket, as well as Brian with Integra offer so much support and advice it’s almost a little humbling. I need to thank Kenny Lamb also, he has given us great crate engines and service and this weekend was no different. The best part of the weekend, happened when Corey got back to the track from the hospital. He took a hard hit in the feature and it was a little unsettling to see him being loaded into an ambulance. Everything worked out in the end though” stated Bare.

The on-track plans for this week are up in the air, as we are trying to find an option that makes financial sense for the team. As we move forward, you’ll see the team moving in to the next phase of Tyler’s progression. A fresh Andy Durham Ford is being installed into the new Booper Bare Racing Loco-Motives LLC/Blue Grass Farm/KRS Graphics XR1 this week. After some testing, Tyler plans to enter a few Super Late Model Racing this year in preparation for 2018.

In addition, it’s an honor to announce Tyler will be taking over the seat in the Bryan Klinedinst owned, BK Motorsports 43A for a few select shows here at the end of the year. Based out of York, Pennsylvania, The Pre-Mach Industries/Red Wing Shoes/HTMA/KRS Graphics number 43A has been a prominent part of the Mid-Atlantic Late Model scene for decades. The Rocket XR1 is powered by a Pro-Power power plant.

“I want to thank Bryan for his interest and confidence in me” said the young third generation driver. “That car has such a storied history, it is an honor to get to sit behind the wheel of such a competitive car with a winning tradition. I got to spend a little time with Bryan at VMS this past weekend and it certainly is an honor to drive for him and represent his great sponsors. I can’t thank him enough for this opportunity” stated Bare.

Please keep up to date with results and information on Tyler’s twitter account at @TBareRacing30… Also, if you are on Facebook, check us out at Tyler Bare Racing.

2017 Stats:
Starts: 40
Wins: 9
Top 5: 32
Top 10: 35
11-15: 2
15-20: 2
DNF: 1

2017 Championships:
Fastrak Triple Crown Champion
Fastrak East Coast Rumble Champion
Fastrak Mid-Ohio Touring Champion

Tyler Bare and BBR would like to thank all of their Marketing Partners:
Blue Grass Farm, Abshire’s Handyman Service, Conner Produce Co., CountryLine Inc., DeSigns, JTB Hauling & Excavating, K.R.S. Graphics, LEE-HI Truck Parts, Loco-Motives, LLC., May’s Recycling, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC., Southlex Cattle Company, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wood Heavy Equipment Co. along with associate support from… Beck-n-Rich Farm, Bill Weeks Garage, Brinn Transmissions, Bulldog Rear Ends, Close Racing Supply, Factory Canopies, HTMA/Hoosier Tires, Integra Racing Shocks, K’s Masonry, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis XR1 and Wiles Drive Shafts.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media