Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Body Rules???

Default Body Rules???

Seriously, how does this pass tech and the car is ugly as all get out.

Last edited by JabberJaws83; 09-22-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Good question!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

To each his own I guess. Personally I love that look.

The thing is.... it probably does actually conform to the rule book as it is written. Most of these teams are just taking advantage of grey areas that are in between the rules and measurements that are listed in the book. I've watched the tech inspection at several races this year, and I have notice cars that I just "knew" would not pass because of how they looked to the eye, but surprisingly, every single measurement or template they checked conformed.

I was thinking the same the first time I seen it. Thats about the uglyist car Ive ever seen...lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I was told the tech guy failed Marlar when he first went through for front being too low and made them raise it up so looks like they told Overton the same thing and they made sure it was high enough. Said Mikey told em the SOB might be high as his head but he'd raise her for em if that's what they wanted. Lol

That might explain why Overton was 4th in his heat race too

They do them like that because the cars have so much RF travel the noses drag what's amazing is at race speed in the corner that nose will be an inch off the ground I agree they are ugly as hell . Look at victory lane photos from local tracks the cars look like a 4 wheel drives in the photos.Also note the wedge shape of the body it probably does meet every measurement though. To get a idea of body rules go to Lucas or WOOL on web go to rules and you will get a better understanding of what the rules are.
    Last edited by RW57; 09-23-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    They do them like that because the cars have so much RF travel the noses drag what's amazing is at race speed in the corner that nose will be an inch off the ground I agree they are ugly as hell . Look at victory lane photos from local tracks the cars look like a 4 wheel drives in the photos.Also note the wedge shape of the body it probably does meet every measurement though. To get a idea of body rules go to Lucas or WOOL on web go to rules and you will get a better understanding of what the rules are.
    Most of them won't actually pass tech but this rule isn't enforced

15.9.2 - General Body
    N.) The top edge, measured from the ground, of the rear quarter, door and front
    fender to the point where the fender flare attaches must be a straight line, within one inch on both sides of the car.

Overtons car just may conform. Rules are over due to change. They need a min/max rule on noses, sides from bottom to center to top taper out 1" then back in 1" both sides etc. I know their not "stock appearing" class but they do require nose to resemble so bodies should somewhat as well and eliminate the use of right side catching/moving air to keep cars straighter. A revisit of interior and deck with hood and nose as well would be good thing.

imo that is one ugly slm, to each their own tho

Not long ago, the decking had to be flat side to side and front to back. Lack of rule enforcement let them creep to this mess.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Absolutely MB as right side could not dish either! Look at car and can see door goes down hill to qtr panel then back uphill to spoiler

The car is almost shaped like a V. Fugly

If you will look at Bloomers rf fender he beats it up from underneath cause the body leans so much,and some cuts the front top of the fender out.But there is a seperate set of rules for the ones they like !Believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by james white View Post
    If you will look at Bloomers rf fender he beats it up from underneath cause the body leans so much,and some cuts the front top of the fender out.But there is a seperate set of rules for the ones they like !Believe it or not.
    Of course. I have seen identical cars with identical mass- produced body panels have different results in tech.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The sheet metal work reminds me of what they was doing in the early 80s late models.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1984...JIgOHzxlXk4IM:

Ya that's super ugly I stated in a post in the past it looks like the car is broke in half...

Ugly but fast

There's a new pick from today of the side of this car and it looks much straighter. Maybe this picture was after a bump up in the heat. Pic is on DoD.