Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Body Rules???

Well regardless of how it looks, it obviously works pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good because he drove from 16th and passed JD and Marlar and drove off for the win tonight.

If they let them get away with it, is what it is. Personally, the rules need changed, and enforced.

I agree it's ugly, I thought that car was ugly at Eldora. I like the red and white one. But they've probably been in a wind tunnel too, and know this works.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Car is very ugly, no matter what color you paint it. The bodies they run now look very good thru the turns, sucked to the ground. Everywhere else, and especially sitting still.....AWFUL!

Was anyone hurt in that crash???

I think it slowly got to this point, but IMO its obviously out of hand now.
    Here are the things I hope they do next year to improve it.

-Flat deck, side to side and front to back.
    -All 4 corners of the Deck should measure the same height. (both back corners of the deck at the spoiler and siders right behind or over the tires.
    -Doors should be the same height from Front to back the whole distance.
    -Zero dishing in the front fenders, and nose flares need to match side to side, (most cars now have a 4 inch raised one on the left and a flat one on the right)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    I think it slowly got to this point, but IMO its obviously out of hand now.
    Here are the things I hope they do next year to improve it.

-Flat deck, side to side and front to back.
    -All 4 corners of the Deck should measure the same height. (both back corners of the deck at the spoiler and siders right behind or over the tires.
    -Doors should be the same height from Front to back the whole distance.
    -Zero dishing in the front fenders, and nose flares need to match side to side, (most cars now have a 4 inch raised one on the left and a flat one on the right)
    I wish you well, but its my impression this is what they want, until it kills the sport. They couldn't attract full fields earlier this summer in parts of TN, so maybe that'll get their attention that things need attention, but they keep working on wrong end of car.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I agree tiger but, get rid of those dang nose pieces

I have been talking about the bodies for years with every little change they got past tech. I was laughed at, ridiculed, told I didn't know what I was talking about, accused having an agenda etc. While most of you were focusing on tires you didn't even see what was happening around you. Glad to see more of you have finally opened eyes. I just hope it's not to late.
    Last edited by Mike; 09-26-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    They do them like that because the cars have so much RF travel the noses drag what's amazing is at race speed in the corner that nose will be an inch off the ground I agree they are ugly as hell . Look at victory lane photos from local tracks the cars look like a 4 wheel drives in the photos.Also note the wedge shape of the body it probably does meet every measurement though. To get a idea of body rules go to Lucas or WOOL on web go to rules and you will get a better understanding of what the rules are.
    I have been calling LM's the modern day wedge for a few years. It didn't happen overnight.
    Mike

Facebook

It has def been snowballing the last few years..deck heights are considerably taller than in years past...the tires now look like skateboard wheels because the bodies have become so big and exaggerated...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have been talking about the bodies for years with every little change they got past tech. I was laughed at, ridiculed, told I didn't know what I was talking about, accused having an agenda etc. While most of you were focusing on tires you didn't even see what was happening around you. Glad to see more of you have finally opened eyes. I just hope it's not to late.
    Yep, I was one of those people. I defended the way the bodies looked to death on here a few years ago. Mostly because they looked sitting in the pits, given that's when they are tech. After seeing the pic of Overtons car in the pits and seeing how the cars were bent the way they were at Knoxville, particularly the 49 and 157. I've come to the conclusion something needs to be done about the body rules.

We will have the power to change the rules when we sponsor races and offer contingency awards. Money talks.

Bubstr has hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Not long ago, the decking had to be flat side to side and front to back. Lack of rule enforcement let them creep to this mess.
    Have they taken that out of the rule book? All I see is them wanting a straight line on door panels and rear quarter panels. They really do not go into detail on deck rules at all. Lucas or WRG.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Have they taken that out of the rule book? All I see is them wanting a straight line on door panels and rear quarter panels. They really do not go into detail on deck rules at all. Lucas or WRG.
    I am not sure exactly how it reads now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I am not sure exactly how it reads now.
    I can tell you how it reads. In regards to deck heights, it does not exist. Only thing remotely saying anything is no wedge bodies. That leaves it pretty wide open.
    8/13/16

I can tell you how it reads. In regards to deck heights, it does not exist. Only thing remotely saying anything is no wedge bodies. That leaves it pretty wide open.
    And somehow we ended up with a modern day wedge...
    Mike

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And somehow we ended up with a modern day wedge...
    I'm a little surprised it hasn't been exploited until now.
    8/13/16

I'm a little surprised it hasn't been exploited until now.
    It didn't just happen overnight. I have been trying to tell people for years this was the direction these things were headed.
    Mike

Facebook

The last couple of years been getting crazy...cut down on the spoiler my god its about a foot tall now...