Eckert
    Moran
    Madden​
    Clanton

#16. Hard to beat that house car.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    #16. Hard to beat that house car.
    And 23rd overall!

Went out to Lakeside last night with the hope I wouldn't pay $30 to see Sheppard spank everyone. That worked out well lol. He's having a hell of a season.

Has he broke Richards record yet?

Driver Of The Year, as of today.

Actually no I think it was 18 wins?

Richards beat lanigans record right
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Richards beat lanigans record right
    Last year I believe

So richards record is 18?

Congrats to Bshepp. Pretty sure he'll beat that record
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Congrats to Bshepp. Pretty sure he'll beat that record
    Oh he'll beat it no problem
    I am what I am

Josh set the record at18 last year

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Josh set the record at18 last year
    Ok thanks golddirt

We live about 45 minutes from there and this is one of my top 5 tracks. I have been asking them to get a Lucas Oil Late Model race there. After the packed house they had last night, hopefully that can now happen.

I'm glad they had a an awesome show. I love that track.

I don't know how I forgot this,but there was something else about Salina that was pretty crazy. The first time we went was in 2000 for a MARS race. I went to the restroom,and I could hear the awfulest racket while I was in there. I came out of the bathroom,and I saw that the next door neighbor of the track had a huge wall of speakers pointed towards the track. He was BLASTING crow calls towards the track. It was insanely loud. I have never seen or heard anything like that in my life. Same thing on our next visit.

We asked some of the people there what the deal was,and it obviously was a dispute with the track. Don't remember the details,but he did the same thing every week. He owned a Radio Shack in Pryor,and he apparently was an eccentric.

There was also a sweet bird dog named Jenny who was hanging around. Being dog people we showed her some love and she hung around us all night. Sweet girl is probably long gone by now.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I'm glad they had a an awesome show. I love that track.

I don't know how I forgot this,but there was something else about Salina that was pretty crazy. The first time we went was in 2000 for a MARS race. I went to the restroom,and I could hear the awfulest racket while I was in there. I came out of the bathroom,and I saw that the next door neighbor of the track had a huge wall of speakers pointed towards the track. He was BLASTING crow calls towards the track. It was insanely loud. I have never seen or heard anything like that in my life. Same thing on our next visit.

We asked some of the people there what the deal was,and it obviously was a dispute with the track. Don't remember the details,but he did the same thing every week. He owned a Radio Shack in Pryor,and he apparently was an eccentric.

There was also a sweet bird dog named Jenny who was hanging around. Being dog people we showed her some love and she hung around us all night. Sweet girl is probably long gone by now.
    I kinda forgot about the noise house below the hill. Been awhile back when that was going on. They have for sure taken bank out since the new owners bought it, but i also feel like they have widened the turns i guess when you take bank out that could happen. I used to go weekly to watch when i turned 16 and could drive myself, watching Jason Hughes and Terry Beckham duke it out weekly was awesome, especially if one of them had to come through a B main.

i remember that Mars or Mlra show where it rained before and they went ahead and ran it, guys were ripping oil pans off left and right, i can't remember if Moyer held on to win or not, i remember him leading.

I went back on DOD,and it says that Mike Bowers won the race. I sure didn't remember that,but I remember it was a race of attrition. It sure was fun to watch though. Those 14 second laps the other night could've easily gone deep into the 13 second range or possibly high 12 second if they still had that banking and that moisture from the 2001 race.

My cousin got married on the weekend of the Topless that year so we made up for it by going to Salina. We spent the night that year,but the year before we drove the 5 hours back and rolled in at 5 a.m. I just don't care about doing that kind of thing anymore! Sucks getting old.
    Formerly 66#1

I was at that race Bowers won also.It was a good one.