Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Duck River Deep Fried...

Any information appreciated...
    How's the racing...
    Drivers....
    Best seats...
    Thanks...

Overton has it on the schedule

Racing is top notch when the track is on. I only recall one visit there when it slicked off big time and they trained. Of course drivers will be hit or miss with lucas running three hours away but I'd expect the mid west woo guys like Heckanast, shirley, Moyers, both English, Hickman, and some other local hitters. Not really a bad seat in the house. Get there early if you want to be toward the top, grandstands are long but not to tall. There is seperate set of bleachers right where the scale is in turn one, I hope to be standing on that top row. Expect a long drawn out show. Bench bleachers good for stadium chair, I think coolers are welcome but prob shoukd dbl check for deep fried. If you plan to park in the regular spectator parking, try to park along the fence beside the pits.... seems to be the easiest to get out from that spot and there are some big ruts if you park between the other rows

Smile Duck River

The racing is always good at Duck River, the negatives are scheduling and dragging it out till early morning. They used to schedule this race opposite of the Gobbler, now they schedule it the same weekend as Lucas Oil at Dixie and Rome. It will probably be good if Marlar, Overton, 17M show up, but it would have been great if Lucas & WOO drivers were there. JMO

90 percent of the time the track prep is 2nd to nobody. I've been to about 4 events at Duck this year and they nailed it at each event. The last race was a bit drawn out and the PA system was making this aweful noise, heavy static just about all night. It was to the point that you thought you were in the Twilight zone of " can they not hear this???"
    The "pull fender event off tires " for drivers gets old and slows the race. If I were a driver I'd appreciate this kind of help but they just don't get in a hurry, then a 20 minute intermission. As mentioned, no real bad seat, you'll love the racing. It's a bad fast little bullring but bring your breakfast.

Dale McDowell doesn't have it on his schedule. Actually, he has nothing past the Knoxville Nationals a couple weeks back.

Everything Rev said is correct, and that expensive new PA system does make a noise that should not be there, not sure they know how to use it, and the event may be a little slow as they do take time to try to keep all cars in the race, with that being said you stand a 90% chance of seeing 3 groove racing that you will remember!!

Any top drivers committed yet...

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    The racing is always good at Duck River, the negatives are scheduling and dragging it out till early morning. They used to schedule this race opposite of the Gobbler, now they schedule it the same weekend as Lucas Oil at Dixie and Rome. It will probably be good if Marlar, Overton, 17M show up, but it would have been great if Lucas & WOO drivers were there. JMO
    I would think if Overton and Marlar were not there to stink up the show, it would be better.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Overton
    Hickman
    Tyler Erb
    Coulter
    Vic Hill
    Putnam
    Brad Skinner
    Jason Jameson
    Billy Moyer Jr
    Dane Dacus
    Terry English
    Devin Dixon
    David Seibers
    Last edited by One Man Gang; 09-27-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Overton
    Hickman
    Tyler Erb
    Coulter
    Vic Hill
    Putnam
    Brad Skinner
    Jason Jameson
    Billy Moyer Jr
    Dane Dacus
    Terry English
    Devin Dixon
    David Seibers
    You can add Spencer Hughes from Mississippi in the K3 Randy Boyd Thompson entry

Camping info?

Better make a stop at the loan office. Two day tickets are $50.00. That's pretty steep for a 14,000 to win show.
    But there are other classes running....so maybe it will be worth it.

Any updates?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Any info on drivers...heats...price of a hot dog...

30 Supers 27 Crates 36 Nesmith Street Stocks
    Last edited by Slinging; 09-29-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Top 4 Supers 1.54 Dacus 2.116 Overton 3.1 Hickman 4.21 Moyer jr

Track was BAD FAST in qualifying...Dacus ran a 11.9...

Default Great scheduling

Way to go Duck River, 28 supers for a 14K to win. Don't schedule against Lucas Oil and or the Gobbler.

They have 30 Supers...I think that's a very good car count...don't be hating just because you couldn't be at the Duck River...it has been some Great racing so far....remember they have 27 Crates too..the stands are packed and the pits is too...
    Last edited by Slinging; 09-29-2017 at 10:31 PM.