Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default UMP National points

Anybody have the updated UMP points after this weekend? I could only find them through the 17th. Thanks

They update every Wednesday, sometimes Thursday at the latest.

Rusty Schlenk...all you need to know
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember

Its over in two weeks i believe, so we should expect to see rusty at the dtwc right. If you can tow 8 hrs to st louis area multiple times, seems like you could tow 4 to portsmouth.

#tallest midget

Schlenk........... 2569
    Unzicker..........2513
    Spangler..........2464
    Pierce...............2393
    Moyer...............2168
    Kloos................2156
    Gundaker..........2137
    Shiels................2134
    Sheppard..........1995
    Babb.................1986

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    Its over in two weeks i believe, so we should expect to see rusty at the dtwc right. If you can tow 8 hrs to st louis area multiple times, seems like you could tow 4 to portsmouth.
    Unless he doesn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about that race and wants to relax at home for once after a season full of wins and a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Schlenk........... 2569
    Unzicker..........2513
    Spangler..........2464
    Pierce...............2393
    Moyer...............2168
    Kloos................2156
    Gundaker..........2137
    Shiels................2134
    Sheppard..........1995
    Babb.................1986
    Those are last week's points. Unzicker won 2 races since those came out. Not sure what Rusty did this past weekend.

someone smarter than myself posted on facebook(of corse now i cant find the post) that unzicker is within 10 points and could take the lead at tri city this week. I wouldnt be suprised if it didnt end up whoever finishes higher at eldora for the fall nattys.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp0354 View Post
    Those are last week's points. Unzicker won 2 races since those came out. Not sure what Rusty did this past weekend.
    Yes they are. It's what is posted on UMP's page right now. Thru September 17. I'll be sure to update them as soon as UMP does. Rusty, Ryan or Eric usually post them on their Facebook pages. Unicker has been on an incredible roll the last few weeks and has closed very little. He's actually lost ground three consecutive weeks. From 42 to 52 to 56. Rusty has 21 wins and over dozen 2nd place finishes. When either of the top 3 race they gain very little on each other because of the high number of wins, seconds and thirds. They may race and not even replace anything. Spangler finished 4th at Berlin. I don't think he replaced anything because he didn't gain anything. He updates a bit more than the other two. We're not going to see 20, 30, 40 point gains this late in the season. While Unzicker has won the most late, his recent wins have been with low car counts. Rusty and Spangler both have raced with higher average car counts, and receive more bonus points per victory. The fans are the real winners here because we get to see these guys give their all every week. All three have been racing their a$$es off at a Championship level. I'd love to see all three at Eldora next weekend. That's what racing is all about.

If it comes down to Eldora and the Fall Nationals next weekend look for Rusty to come out on top. He is an Eldora regular and is always tough there.

I'd put my $$$ on Unzicker but if Rusty won I wouldn't be mad

Unzicker over Schlenk at Eldora? No way.

Schlenk 2570
    Unzicker 2534

Updated standings.

All anyone needs to know about UMP national points is that Moyer, Babb and BShepp are in the top 10 and do not run for points weekly. Argue over Shclenk and Unzicker all you want if any of those three tried at all they'd be the "champion" just shows you how far weekly LM racing has fallen

Throw Pierce in that conversation as well

Not sure why Pierce chases those UMP points instead of running a outlaw schedule similar to Overton.

Quote Originally Posted by PBR66 View Post
    All anyone needs to know about UMP national points is that Moyer, Babb and BShepp are in the top 10 and do not run for points weekly. Argue over Shclenk and Unzicker all you want if any of those three tried at all they'd be the "champion" just shows you how far weekly LM racing has fallen
    It only takes what, your top 30 or 35 races? So, you don't have to run all the time. And that is what ump racing is for, weekly racers. Yes, professionals are way better thanks to the current dirt late model technical climate.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-28-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Great post MBR....puts things in perspective
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Not sure why Pierce chases those UMP points instead of running a outlaw schedule similar to Overton.
    Not a Pierce fan, but I'd say his schedule is very similar to Overton's. Just so happens the big money regional shows he runs are UMP sanctioned and they aren't in the Southeast. Overton ran the full Southern Nationals, Pierce ran the full Summer Nationals. Plus all the Eldora events are UMP sanctioned, just a byproduct of the area he's from.