Default RF tierod length issue on a blue rocket

Over the winter I purchased a 2012 Blue Rocket that had been updated in 15’ to the new style. Coming from an older Black rocket, I had extra racks sitting around (Woodard). I ordered the combo shaft from that has both the 18 ¼ and 19 ¼ holes and installed with new bushing myself. When I assembled the car the only way I could set the RF tie rod to the rocket book spec was to have the RF outboard (+1”) and the tierod in the 18 ¼” position. When I did set it that way I could get everything to measure out but cant more the RF back inboard without throwing off the rf tierod measurement. Has anyone else ran into this? When I bought the car it was a bare chassis and I put new front suspension components per the book except the rack. Any help here would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

What's the tierod length you are using, and length of the control arm .

I dont understand what is being thrown off. Are u moving everything in when doin so ? What exactly is the problem

Sorry i just reread ur post if that's the case there's an issue with ur rack or the postion of rack played who did the update

So if u put it in the router hole of rack it gives u an extra inch of tir out correct

So you have the tie rod with the bend in it, and the bend in the correct location? (I don't recall what determines where the bend goes with each year) You are measuring hole to hole length on the RF tie rod and not OAL?

The bend goes in toward the rack

It rf tir rod should be 19 7/8.

On a blue front Rocket, the right tie rod should be 19 7/8" center to center. The right lower A-frame should be 19 1/8" center of the heim to ball joint grease fitting. The rack should be 18 1/4" for standard front. Part of the 15 update was that they moved the rack housing 1/2" to the right. When you have all these measurements right, the rack shaft will NOT be centered in the rack housing. The rack shaft will be out about 1" from the rack housing to the center of the tie rod heim on the left than on the right, about 4 1/2" on the left and 3 1/2" on the right. This allows for considerably more steering to the right than on to the left. Your black front would have been more centered and had even steering both ways. The left tie rod will be approx. 17" C to C to start with and then adjust for toe settings.

i think the black front cars use a 19 3/4" rack. not an 18 1/4" like the blue fronts. this could be where the problem is.

He said he put the 18.25 and 19.25 shaft into the rack unless the housin is messing it up but doubt it