Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

A crate driver a few weeks or month or so
    Grant Garrison .

Guess we can add Rick Eckert now.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    3 guys I can think of that have gotten busted for TARS

Jackie Boggs got busted back in 2015 at atomic for not "meeting the benchmark."

Scott Autry from 2012 Carolina crown

Jason Welshan got busted at a nesmith show back in 2014

Autry got paid......, Scott was right,they were wrong.....was a mistake they said, someone didn't have a t crossed or an I dotted when it came down to the tires they were allowing that weekend.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Autry got paid......, Scott was right,they were wrong.....was a mistake they said, someone didn't have a t crossed or an I dotted when it came down to the tires they were allowing that weekend.
    Actually American Racer had sent the wrong benchmark sample in Autry's case.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Actually American Racer had sent the wrong benchmark sample in Autry's case.
    I remember it was some kind of mistake made by someone other than the driver.....was glad to see Scott get done right in that instance.

It could have easily gone the other way and nobody would have questioned it much....except for Autry.

Over 3 years and 85 posts later, I cant believe that that notorius, no good, and dirty rotten cheating T P. guys name hasn't been brought on up ?????????

Is it really fair to "assume" that the guys that win or run up front are doping tires. Does anyone actually have proof that the winners from this year are doctoring their tires. I don't want assumptions, I want proof. I want anyone to prove that Brandon Sheppard, Jimmy Owens, Jonathon Davenport, Tim McCreadie, Ricky Thornton, Cade Dillard .....anyone that has won this year in the 2 major traveling series has run illegally doctored tires. ..........GO!

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Is it really fair to "assume" that the guys that win or run up front are doping tires. Does anyone actually have proof that the winners from this year are doctoring their tires. I don't want assumptions, I want proof. I want anyone to prove that Brandon Sheppard, Jimmy Owens, Jonathon Davenport, Tim McCreadie, Ricky Thornton, Cade Dillard .....anyone that has won this year in the 2 major traveling series has run illegally doctored tires. ..........GO!
    Not all those guys are. They aren't all clean either. One in particular has had a lot of funny tire issues.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I think you gave him the answer he was looking for.......nobody really knows with 100% certainty.

Shame

I think you gave him the answer he was looking for.......nobody really knows with 100% certainty.

Shame
    Not completely true. Terry Casey admitted it when he was caught.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

What year was that?

Smile

What year was that?
    2008, back when Lucas was still using a sniffer

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    2008, back when Lucas was still using a sniffer
    Well that's refreshing....they should re intro the sniffer.

The results from it are as reliable as the results from the NC foothills these days.

Well that's refreshing....they should re intro the sniffer.

The results from it are as reliable as the results from the NC foothills these days.
    Nobody cared about any of this back when open tire rules ruled the roost. Just go back k to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Nobody cared about any of this back when open tire rules ruled the roost. Just go back k to that.
    can I get an amen?

The whole tire thing is stupid.

can I get an amen?

The whole tire thing is stupid.

It is, but branded tire rules been going on for decades now. It’s never going away.

There is not a single driver or team owner that wants to have an open tire rule at least not any of them that have ever raced with those rules. The aforementioned series does not have a brand rule but a compound rule which allows both tire companies tires of equivalent compound to compete. The lab in the foothills of NC deals in science not conspiracies and opinions.

I personally would like to see harsher penalties to anyone who fails tire tests. Test the top three in ALL series and do some random testing on the local level. I don't have time nor do I even want to think about cheating my tires. I can't speak for the labs that tests these tires in particular, but I work close with an organization that tests components/items down to the molecule level... and the results do not lie. The technology to test is there and anyone that thinks it isn't, you just haven't been looking in the right places.

There is not a single driver or team owner that wants to have an open tire rule at least not any of them that have ever raced with those rules. The aforementioned series does not have a brand rule but a compound rule which allows both tire companies tires of equivalent compound to compete. The lab in the foothills of NC deals in science not conspiracies and opinions.
    Allow me to speak up and be the exception. I want to pick my own tires. It is much better for a guy who mainly runs a few tracks with regularity. It's better for the local guy who has to deal with Brandon Sheppard too.

Only the guy who changes shock brands 3 times a year believes he needs 5 compounds, if allowed.

When rules force you to run the wrong tire, it usually becomes a 1 use tire. Guys who get freebies use the same amount, the working man now has to buy more instead of using it a second week.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-09-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Kelly, most us know the testing procedure is spot on, although we dont know the tolerances the lab is told to account for, if any! The problem is the benchmarks Hoosier submits. We are allowed know information concerning those!