Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Kelly, most us know the testing procedure is spot on, although we dont know the tolerances the lab is told to account for, if any! The problem is the benchmarks Hoosier submits. We are allowed know information concerning those!
    They submit a sample for each date code batch. Any time there is a change in formulation they send a new sample. Blue Ridge keeps those runs on file and compares them to the submitted samples from competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Allow me to speak up and be the exception. I want to pick my own tires. It is much better for a guy who mainly runs a few tracks with regularity. It's better for the local guy who has to deal with Brandon Sheppard too.

Only the guy who changes shock brands 3 times a year believes he needs 5 compounds, if allowed.

When rules force you to run the wrong tire, it usually becomes a 1 use tire. Guys who get freebies use the same amount, the working man now has to buy more instead of using it a second week.
    Then you are a rare exception. You would realistically need a minimum of 10 tires. Because you are gonna bolt on 1100s to qualify. You are gonna change at least 2 for the heat and likely 4 for the feature. Then the question becomes do I need this right rear or the other one. By the time its all said and done you need 25-30 different tires and wheels mounted. Its just too much man. I dealt with it for a lot of years in my SAS days and it was by far the number one complaint from racers and teams.

People can say whatever they want but our 2 compound in the SE has been very good. We have 3 or 4 series all on the same 2.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    They submit a sample for each date code batch. Any time there is a change in formulation they send a new sample. Blue Ridge keeps those runs on file and compares them to the submitted samples from competitors.
    Thats a generic Hoosier answer!

When the batch codes are kept secret like the nuclear codes of our defense dept, surely you can see why racers think the process is very shady!

Also, when the tests come back, all we see is......the tire conforms or doesn't to the benchmark. How about explaining why it doesn't and what is the % tolerance of those substances?

Big bust in the open wheel department

https://sprintcarandmidget.com/usac/...ac-suspension/
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Thats a generic Hoosier answer!

When the batch codes are kept secret like the nuclear codes of our defense dept, surely you can see why racers think the process is very shady!

Also, when the tests come back, all we see is......the tire conforms or doesn't to the benchmark. How about explaining why it doesn't and what is the % tolerance of those substances?
    I want to see the suspect chemicals too. So I know how to cheat.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I dont think McDowell has ever been caught with illegal tires. If so, when and where? He was accused of using tractional control 10-15 years ago but dont believe anything was ever found.