Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Was this resently or yrs ago?
    Several years ago, super race at Columbus I believe but it was a weird deal with misplaced samples no chain of custody and lots of issues and was inconclusive in the end. Seems like it was a sniffer deal, but they were reusing some part of the testing equip and cross contaminating. It wasn't with Rumley. I don't believe tire cheating is as wide spread as some would like to believe, but strict tire rules tend to lead to more of it.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Several years ago, super race at Columbus I believe but it was a weird deal with misplaced samples no chain of custody and lots of issues and was inconclusive in the end. Seems like it was a sniffer deal, but they were reusing some part of the testing equip and cross contaminating. It wasn't with Rumley. I don't believe tire cheating is as wide spread as some would like to believe, but strict tire rules tend to lead to more of it.
    Ok thanks. That may have been w barrys car at the time? I think they loaded there car and left if its same one
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Ok thanks. That may have been w barrys car at the time? I think they loaded there car and left if its same one
    That's the one.
    I was a highwayman
    and I am still alive

It was with Barry Wright. You were allowed six or seven hundred points on the sniffer. Everyone else but two cars passed, where Davenport's and Ronnie Lee we're over 1800. Everyone was told that the sniffer was the final judge but some made a big stink about it in the following days so Stokes spent his own money to send the samples off and they failed. I can't remember if Stokes ever made that public. Every other car read between 200 and 300 counts!

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    You mean the one's that have been caught or the one's that are doing it.
    See the majority of people winning. Ole ptown and his glass house and perfect self.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

We made our own tire soaking stuff after Ball's got too expensive. One of the guys wives was a nurse and she called Ball's saying she was from the poison control center and needed to know the contents...no MSDS in those days.

Even though I sold tires that would durometer at 32 we still soaked ' em... One lap qualifying tires

So you can add my name to the list....
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-01-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

What is strange, is only Owens and the NDRL, a short term series, posted the results of the tests publicly. If WOO and Lucas aren't transparent with the results, did it even happen? They are being judged by the fans, so the fans should see the evidence. If they buy a old or new tire from Hoosier and it don't conform to recent runs, is it illegal? If the chemicals in the soak, aren't toxic and a health problem, should they be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    What is strange, is only Owens and the NDRL, a short term series, posted the results of the tests publicly. If WOO and Lucas aren't transparent with the results, did it even happen? They are being judged by the fans, so the fans should see the evidence. If they buy a old or new tire from Hoosier and it don't conform to recent runs, is it illegal? If the chemicals in the soak, aren't toxic and a health problem, should they be illegal?
    Those are the questions I think they hoped to avoid in the lawsuit of the 5. That’s why they were so harsh with bans, being evasive instead of forth coming. They know there are issues with the procedures and some reasonable questioning of labs credibility too. The whole thing feels like a government opperation more concerned with saving face than honesty or accuracy. I’d love to see tire soaking go away but not with fictitious and erroneous politically motivated results and enforcement.
    I was a highwayman
    and I am still alive

Know there are issues you say?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I agree with Highway man....WRG's testing procedure has more holes in it than Hillary's campaign.
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Owens
    Terry Casey
    Jerry Rice
    Audie McWilliams
    Jason Jameson
    Jonathan Davenport
    BShepp
    Madden
    Willie Millikan
    Feger
    Satterlee
    Just Curious, It's been a few years since I've been to Florence Speedway do they still have the increased pit admission price to pay for tire testing Was/is the testing only for the late model class or was/is it for the other classes as well ?
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

What kind is undies does PTown wear? Depends.....
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    2nd hand and pre-soaked.
    8/13/16

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Depends on what ?

Thumbs up

Who cares. If you ain't cheetin' you ain't tryin'!
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I am a fan of either opening up tires completely or locking it down. The only way to lock it down is for the series to get the wheels from all the drivers on tour, and mount the tires themselves, and allow zero work to be done to them. I think that's truly the only 2 sustainable solutions.

The reason NDRL didnt last was because of their testinf policy, nobody from the other national tours would show up because of that.

I truly believe lucas and wrg let their weekly guys get away woth murder on doped up tires. I know bobby pierce isnt a regular but to me as long as they see a big name on the winners circle, that draws a crowd, they dont say a word.

Boggs has been caught cheating
    Zack dohm

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    The reason NDRL didnt last was because of their testinf policy, nobody from the other national tours would show up because of that.

I truly believe lucas and wrg let their weekly guys get away woth murder on doped up tires. I know bobby pierce isnt a regular but to me as long as they see a big name on the winners circle, that draws a crowd, they dont say a word.

Boggs has been caught cheating
    Zack dohm
    Lol. The reason NDRL failed is because John Kennedy was funneling money from his legitimate business to run it. And his board found out and nixed that.

There are more low budget teams juicing their tires than there are national touring teams doing it. There are multiple reasons folks treat tires, and softening is pretty low on that list.

Also, juicing is the traction control of this particular era in late model racing. Give it a few years and nobody will even be talking about it anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Well I see ole wall of Shame cheater boy Shepard won last night.