Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I see Imca taking over

ok i am thinking of buying imca late model with their spec.engine. i hope imca takes off here ?

The IMCA rules seem to work well in Ia, Ne and Mo. Deery bros. put on some great races and if the IMCA car wants to race open, you just change the engine. You can still make a engine as expensive as you can afford, but with the spec head, your not going to get your monies worth. The guys winning are doing it with talent and set ups. I know one that wins with a 5 6 year old engine. It sometimes feels like a shock rule would be good, but that makes it too hard to step up and do the open thing, when they are around. Lets face it. There will be no palatable limited rule package until the top series makes it. Until then, they will always be second class citizens.

sorry good luck getting drivers to race for 300 to win. Also if a said driver needs used tires and cannot find any, he cannot race right?

I think you can do better economy racing series!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The IMCA rules seem to work well in Ia, Ne and Mo. Deery bros. put on some great races and if the IMCA car wants to race open, you just change the engine. You can still make a engine as expensive as you can afford, but with the spec head, your not going to get your monies worth. The guys winning are doing it with talent and set ups. I know one that wins with a 5 6 year old engine. It sometimes feels like a shock rule would be good, but that makes it too hard to step up and do the open thing, when they are around. Lets face it. There will be no palatable limited rule package until the top series makes it. Until then, they will always be second class citizens.
    IMCA late models are suffering here in Iowa and it’s more than just changing the motor to run open. There are probably 200 late model drivers in Iowa and they are all off running under different sanctions. There is very little mixing. That means most tracks in Eastern Iowa are lucky to get consistent double digit late model counts weekly.

any news is this really going to happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    No names is an indication of this never happening.
    Hopefully it doesn't happen. Economy is for Hornets.

HELLO ALL, my name is Brian Crebo, I am the one currently trying to start up the new "ECONOMY LATE MODEL SERIES". Please direct all your questions towards me and i will do my best to answer them as directly and as honestly as i can!

I will let you all know first and foremost that i personally will be doing the Tech on the cars (post race and pre race) and i will not at all be allowing this to get outta hand, that is what is wrong with racing in the first place and why you see so many "10 car or less A'mains". I already have all of my tech procedures in place.

As far as the engines go i seen someone comment on the cylinder heads being "chinese junk". Yes we have picked out a cheap cylinder head as our spec head for this series as they are pretty easy to tech and very cost effective for your average person. The basic rules under this engine package allows someone to build an engine very cheap and still be competitive. We have put in place 185lbs compression rule, 93 octane pump gas rule, and a 6200 rpm chip rule in place on a cam with a .531 lobe lift to help these engines live for a very long time at a very affordable price

The chassis and brake components, i have raced crate cars for alot of years and have had all of the light weight components and know what a performance advantage they are which i why i have taken all of those pieces outta of the game and put every one on affordable components, please see the rules if you have any questions on suspension

Shocks, we all know that is the second biggest expense factor in racing today which is again why we limited them to "fixed bearing twin tube oil shocks only" there 79.99 a piece new. We are also designating what valving must be on each corner of the car (94lr,94rr, 75 lf and 72/6 or 73/5 RF) so guys dont have to have 20 shocks in there trailer you will need 3 spares max.

As far as the tire rule goes, there are so many UMP drivers out there begging for an outlet to get rid of there used tires, finding them will not be an issue. If the class gets large enough that there is not enough tires to go around then we will revisit this at a later date.

Pay 300 250 200 190 175 160 150 140 130 125 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100
    Sure it doesnt pay alot to "win" but take a look at the pay through the field, there isnt a big drop off from the top to the bottom like most classes, i could very easily make it $500 to win and $75 to start, but there can only be one winner and they guys finishing towards the tail will appreciate the extra $25 to help them get back to the track next week.

I am not starting this class/series in hopes of making a bunch of money. My hopes is to help bring racing back to an affordable level and get guys that have cars just sitting in there garage because they cannot afford to compete with the Jones's to be able to race again or the hornet or bmod guy who dreams of driving a late model someday but know they currently cannot afford to compete on a super level. Something has to happen soon or all we are going to have is your traveling series and i'm just trying to do my part to help it turn around!

any more question please feel free to pm me on here or email me @ crebomotorsports@gmail.com

Brian Crebo
    Last edited by jesel45; 11-02-2017 at 04:57 PM.

I like your idea and wish you luck, at least your willing to try something!!!! I this a chevy only class ?

as of now yes, way to many variables by letting other engines in, be way to hard to police and tech properly

I wish you luck... you have to start somewhere.

The oil shock rule is really good...

I would think an alternative to the 'spec' heads would allow you a better chance of getting more cars to the track... maybe a weight penalty or carb penalty for the first season. Not many guys are willing to invest any amount of $$$ in a head they may not have a use for if this series doesn't take off. Maybe allow GM factory heads with a weight penalty... or an IMCA stock car or sport mod motor to be legal just to get some car counts.

Your toughest job will be getting promoters behind this. Many guys are pretty hard headed and don't want to take on another class even if it's once or twice per season. I've been on both ends of that discussion. Maybe you can shop this series to a potential sponsor who could help with a few hundred bucks toward the purse each night... always a tough sell with a new deal but I've seen it done.

Good luck...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I like your idea and wish you luck, at least your willing to try something!!!! I this a chevy only class ?
    i would think your compression rule might eliminate a lot of those variables , the same company that makes the chevy head , also makes a comparable ford head i think , might be wrong though, have to check , but a early 351 4brl windsor head should be fairly comparable.....sorry , ment to reply to your post and accidentally clicked on mine......

You drinking some Mountain Dew tonite FF?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Buy the Skip White heads as bare castings and build them yourself. The castings themselves aren't bad but you will need to clean some slag out of them.
    I bought a set assembled and when it was all said and done, had to have them taken apart and redone. Bad valve seats. These were a set supposedly assembled by SWP, not assembled in China.
    FWIW, the Edelbrock heads aren't that much more, a much nicer piece and ready to run right out of the box. Made in America as well.