Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up NEW - Economy Late Model Series - Illinois

NEW
    Economy Late Model Series - Working on a 16 race schedule in central Illinois
    Facebook Page -http://www.facebook.com/Economy-Late...32073626990206

Rules - http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...32073626990206
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-03-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Claim rules never work.

So a fan can claim as I read it

Economy admission prices too!!!! NOT!!!!!

Apparently in the next couple of years every car at the track will be some type of Late model. Killing grass roots racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Apparently in the next couple of years every car at the track will be some type of Late model. Killing grass roots racing.
    atleast your not in missouri, its already happened, except they all resemble modifieds ...... a mods b mods e mods an the good ol mod-lites

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Claim rules never work.
    If they tech these cars every week they won't need to worry about the claiming rule. The key will be teching of the cars because, if they don't it will only get out of hand the crates classes are now.

I thought crates were suppose to be "economy"???

Anybody can claim I like that rule lol...

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I thought crates were suppose to be "economy"???
    They were and no teching of cars and now they are out of hand. this will be no different if they are not serious about teching. I hope they do then this could be a good thing.

I miss the days when nearly every track had a very simple ladder for drivers to advance through from beginner to advanced competitors. Most tracks had some type of entry level factory stock/bomber class. Then you moved up to street stock/hobby stock. After that it was usually late model. Today it could easily be 4 cyl./FWD, then factory stock/bomber/street stock. Those should be kept at $5K and under for a turn key car. Then it's up to Sportsman/Crate late model, keeping them under $10K turn key. Modified is next, shooting for the $10K-$15K range, and finally Super late model at $15K+.

For that to actually happen, it would take promoters agreeing to run the same rules, rules enforcement, and racers with enough brains to know that paying for a more expensive car isn't going to make them faster. It amazes me how much some of these morons are asking for the cars they are trying to sell. They screw up and over pay, then they want to sell it and make someone else do the same to bail them out of their own stupidity. Simple supply and demand. If nobody is willing to pay that much for cars and parts, suppliers will be forced to lower their price. Rules can take away that need to buy those parts, and smart buyers that refuse to pay the high prices could make a huge difference. That takes discipline, which many do not have.

Please tell me Mike daughtery has nothing to do with this

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Please tell me Mike daughtery has nothing to do with this
    From what I've seen so far he has nothing to do with this series. If that was the case it would be dead before it started when word got out. That man is a JOKE. Supposedly he still trying to acquire land to build a new track near Lebanon, Indiana.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Skip White Chinese aluminum heads... not good. Been there, done that.
    There’s a lot better budget aluminum heads out there.
    If it works, it would create a better used parts market for LM guys to sell their stuff.

Anybody know what happened to the track near Lebanon that the Kenyon Brothers built in the 80's?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Economy, and Late Model don't go together
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

Sounds like a good plan for a fun to race late model class, but why engine CID limit when there is an engine claim . What is a white Chinese head ? What is the deal regarding Karls cam ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Bite View Post
    Sounds like a good plan for a fun to race late model class, but why engine CID limit when there is an engine claim . What is a white Chinese head ? What is the deal regarding Karls cam ?
    The problem with a claim is: Even when it's legitimately used because someone thinks the engine is high dollar, it then becomes a I'm gonna claim you back every week deals and just starts a bunch of animosity between teams. I see no reason not to limit the CID, just for simplicity.

The Skip White deal: It's imported parts with very low quality and notorious for failures. Not saying the company is shady or anything, but the products and brands they sell are know to fail and don't hold up long but are cheap. Google it or Procomp products and see for yourself.

No idea on the cam, but I would think it's a reboxed cam from one of the large cam manufacturer or possible being a grind of their own made by someone.

The oil shocks are a good start...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Leading to lower car counts yet again by watering down the class. You have pro,crate,now economy