Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryptonite

Quick look at his page and y'all are right. Maybe this is his first "full" year. But still though he's gonna be on that pierce level if he keeps improving

This is Kodys 3rd year in a super. It's his 2nd full season

So you think Chris Garnes could have ran 10th at the Dream and 7th in World?? Or 7th in the North/South? Keep dreaming bud, that ship sailed about 4 years ago. He's a local racer these days that doesn't run up front unless the track is heavy. Zack goes to new tracks and runs against stiff competition every weekend.
    Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    So you think Chris Garnes could have ran 10th at the Dream and 7th in World?? Or 7th in the North/South? Keep dreaming bud, that ship sailed about 4 years ago. He's a local racer these days that doesn't run up front unless the track is heavy. Zack goes to new tracks and runs against stiff competition every weekend.
    In that 17 car, yes.
    Atomic - 13........................Twin Cities - 1
    Florence - 4......................Tyler County -1
    Moler - 7
    I77 - 1
    Eldora - 7
    Lawrenceburg -1
    Mansfield - 2
    Muskingum - 1
    Brushcreek -1
    Portsmouth - 1

Give Garnes similar equipment and he'll sail on by Zach. Nothing against Zach, he's good in his own right but he is no Chris Garnes. I'd say Chris is the best all around driver in the valley here bar none and there is a ton of shoes of around there that are pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    In that 17 car, yes.
    Atomic - 13........................Twin Cities - 1
    Florence - 4......................Tyler County -1
    Moler - 7
    I77 - 1
    Eldora - 7
    Lawrenceburg -1
    Mansfield - 2
    Muskingum - 1
    Brushcreek -1
    Portsmouth - 1

Give Garnes similar equipment and he'll sail on by Zach. Nothing against Zach, he's good in his own right but he is no Chris Garnes. I'd say Chris is the best all around driver in the valley here bar none and there is a ton of shoes of around there that are pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.
    No way in He!!!. Not saying Garnes is bad but he isn't in the top 5 in the valley, he had that one solid year 5 or so years ago and that's it, you have to stay in that mix year after year to be considered the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    No way in He!!!. Not saying Garnes is bad but he isn't in the top 5 in the valley, he had that one solid year 5 or so years ago and that's it, you have to stay in that mix year after year to be considered the best.
    He used to dominate that area. 1 solid year? How many of those other cats won a WoO race?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He used to dominate that area. 1 solid year? How many of those other cats won a WoO race?
    He might have dominated I-77 but other tracks weren't dominating, Jared Hawkins has won a WoO race, Tim Dohm has won a WoO race. I didn't say he was good I just stated he isn't in the Top 5 drivers that race in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    He might have dominated I-77 but other tracks weren't dominating, Jared Hawkins has won a WoO race, Tim Dohm has won a WoO race. I didn't say he was good I just stated he isn't in the Top 5 drivers that race in that area.
    Skyline, Ohio Valley, won a couple at Tyler County.

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Chris is in a 2017 Swartz car, motor was good enough to be fast time at the 5k to win race at Ohio Valley a few weeks ago. Next excuse?

Chris is in a 2017 Swartz car, motor was good enough to be fast time at the 5k to win race at Ohio Valley a few weeks ago. Next excuse?
    2017? Besides rusty driver, that car is a heap. Ask Jackie...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Y'all gonna make a 42 vs 17 vs 4B thread in a kryptonite thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Y'all gonna make a 42 vs 17 vs 4B thread in a kryptonite thread?
    Ok let’s add the 28 to the conversation. Who’s better Garnes, Dohm, Boggs, Carpenter?

Tyler Carpenter then Zach Dohm then Freddie Carpenter

This is one of the coolest threads I've seen on 4M. Great discussion with very little BS.

I would have to think that overall Boggs is the best driver of the four just based on experience, but Zach Dohm has had the better year. At this point in their careers I'd give the nod to Zach Dohm over Ty Carpenter. Zach seems to be the more polished of the two and he's certainly run well in big races. Ty really needs more of a chance to showcase his talents in bigger races. I haven't seen Garnes race much since I'm not in the area.

Zach and Tyler have had the better year but its definitely Jackie if you look at their careers. Not sure on career wins but i know jackies over 500 wins.

You cant compare careers when 2 guys are in their mid 20s, and the other has been racing longer than they've been alive.

I personally think Ty has them all beat at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    You cant compare careers when 2 guys are in their mid 20s, and the other has been racing longer than they've been alive.

I personally think Ty has them all beat at the time.
    Have to agree. Leaps and bounds better than a couple years ago too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Tyler is definitely a hell of a shoe. NO QUESTION about that! Chris is just better naturally. He set fast time at the 5K Valley Race and got knocked backed to 8th or so and was hummin like the wind at the end of that race. I'd say another caution and Freddie would have had company. Chris is smooth, generally easy on equipment, and has a way about momentum racing a track the others lack. I love watching Tyler, he's a monster out there in my book, but Chris is just a notch better IMO. Jackie has a record of racing that is nearly second to none in the MOV. I'm not saying he can't wheel a car because he can. We can put the Bond's right there too. I just don't think he has the natural ability Chris has in a car. Zach is tough but his equipment is FAR exceeding what Chris races. Zach is a good shoe, very under control, and does what he wants his car to do. He just can't pick lines on the racetrack like Chris/nor Tyler for that matter. I'll take Chris or Tyler over Jackie or Zach. Tyler is getting much better. He's not qualifying quite as good as he needs too but he can race the hell out of a car. I pat them all on the back because they can ALL outdrive me by miles. I really hate talking about these drivers like this because I like them ALL. I'm just chatting on a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) board.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I was pretty impressed by the kryptonite car I drove last week. But after trying for 4 years to make an orange rocket go it probably didn’t take much to be impressed. But if I had the funds I’d probably buy one. I think they’re underrated as a chassis.
    Shocks by BGR army

Let r eat .... are you serious right now with this Chris Garns is Bloomquist thing ?? If I was looking for a driver he wouldn't be one of the first 150 people I would call.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Let r eat .... are you serious right now with this Chris Garns is Bloomquist thing ?? If I was looking for a driver he wouldn't be one of the first 150 people I would call.
    Fukin I lol at that one Huck.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.