Default Tracks that schedule against each

why do tracks schedule races against each other? Tell me if I'm wrong does florence have 5K to win lates and mod race that run every year the weekend of 28th called the fall 50 and then atomic schedule a 4k to win BOB race? what the heck? why not schedule it night before or something????
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Fall 50 is a 2 day show. There are plenty of cars to go around. The 2 tracks are 3 hrs+ apart. If Atomic took off every time a track within 3 hours of them had a special, they would never run.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Fall 50 is a 2 day show. There are plenty of cars to go around. The 2 tracks are 3 hrs+ apart. If Atomic took off every time a track within 3 hours of them had a special, they would never run.
    Hair over two hours, just saying.

Yes I get your point though. They don't usually draw from the same field of cars anyhow.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

No different than Florence running this weekend when Eldora has the UMP Nationals. Also Skyline running as well. I remember back in the 1990's when Eldora ran the World 100 or UMP Nationals all tracks were off. Also a lot of guys showed up. Normally 170 mods and 75 lates.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Hair over two hours, just saying.

Yes I get your point though. They don't usually draw from the same field of cars anyhow.
    You are right. Oops!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

A lot of tracks still don't run at least lm during the world but some do, not everyone goes because it has become a race of big dollar guys.

In GA/AL we have issues, but some tracks do work together. Recently, Dixie and Senoia were off on the EAMS state weekend. There are only so many weekends, so it happens! Of course almost all usually race on Saturdays. Penton, AL is the only Friday track and they are done for the year. With the hurricane coming, we'll hope to watch the Lucas ppv this week and get ready for Talladega next week.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    why do tracks schedule races against each other? Tell me if I'm wrong does florence have 5K to win lates and mod race that run every year the weekend of 28th called the fall 50 and then atomic schedule a 4k to win BOB race? what the heck? why not schedule it night before or something????
    If I'm not mistaking Brownstown also has a $7,500 to win MARS race that day as well. This is per the MARS East Series schedule on the MARS website; but it's not listed on the Brownstown Speedway website schedule.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-06-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I mean if PRP and Atomic where playing war with dates, I could understand. But tracks that are a couple hours apart got to have some freedom to run regional level events as they see fit. If there are not enough cars and fans to go around, it will quit happening. No one wants to lose money.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Well you also have Eldora with the fall Nationals and this year the AELT at Berlin in $10k, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    If I'm not mistaking Brownstown also has a $7,500 to win MARS race that day as well. This is per the MARS East Series schedule on the MARS website; but it's not listed on the Brownstown Speedway website schedule.
    It's still on the DoD master schedule. Usually they update it if something cancels pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Brownstown and the MARS websites need to clarify the race on Oct. 28th. The Brownstown schedule no longer shows that race but why are they not showing it as canceled so there is no confusion.

Why is MARS not updating their schedule.

Maybe they are both undecided still at this point?

You are right. Oops!
    I wasn't sure, but I was like, man, I don't think it's 3. Wasn't trying to be a dik.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thumbs up

Brownstown (IN) just posted on Facebook tonight's races have been cancelled and the MARS race on October 28th has been removed due to scheduling conflicts.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

its a one day show on Saturday oct 28 atomic should schedule Friday oct27 for at least the drivers sakes
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

I disagree that they aren't drawing the same cars and splitting them; it's just a matter of which cars you wanna talk about.
    Carrier, RJ &Rod Conley, and Jackie Boggs are usually the only guys that run at both tracks for bigger type shows depending on if it makes sense for them.

So you aren't taking two events that would have 40 cars and making 20; but could be taking races with 30 cars a piece and making it 26 or 28 a piece; but the cars losing at each track are good ones.

Personally as fan no body it's a little disappointing but not an earth shaker deal.

I do have a distaste of Atomic just using Florence's race names and adding some lip stick. Buckeye Spring 50 and Fall 40... lol. But has nothing to really do with anything.
    "The Wise One"