Default Pittsburgher and 2 Day Shows??

Looking at the car count for the Pittsburgher this year and for the past 10 plus years seems to me the need for it to be a 2 day venue [Qualifying night 1 and then mains on night 2] is not necessary? There are many other shows that seem to do the same thing. There was a time when the Pittsburgher would host 100 plus Late models and they were time trialing one car at a time, then the 2 days were needed. But come on 36-38 late models qualifying 3 deep night 1 with 4 heat races?? There are venues that can justify the 2 or even 3 day shows but this isn't one of them. If they would do like Lernerville and have a full show each night they run then I'm all in!
    If you don't know it, why make a fool of yourself by saying it!

Agree 100%............The funny thing is they are charging $50 a ticket whether you go both nights or just decide to go tonight. I guess it makes sense as a fan to go both nights to justify the price of the ticket.

And if you only go on saturday you miss the heats on friday.

Or keepS some away all together

This how I view it, having 100 lap race same night you risk track putting on train race and ending late at night. If it was a one day race lot drives would be working on their car the whole time no time time for them to relax a little.

They charge $50 just get in Sat. Night? That crazy, could see ticket deal for Friday and sat. For $50, Sat night only $35.

That's PPMS for you. Ridiculous ticket prices, food is ridiculous. Reason why that place wasn't packed. Then again, just looked at the DTWC and it's $50 for just Saturday too. Makes no sense.

Tracks want the $$$...
    But 2 day events are a joke with 40 or less LMs...

Topless is getting to be the same way. Barely enough cars for 2 B features the last few years.

They ran three divisions at the Pittsburgher this year, the Lucas Oil Late Models, $20K to win, Rush Pro Late Models (Crates), $2.5K to win, and Homak Pro Stocks (Open Stock Cars), $1.5K to win, so they had to qualify over 90 cars. While I'm not the biggest fan of stand-alone 2-day SLM shows, this event could not have been run in one day. The SLM feature was over at 10 PM, the temperature was in the mid 70s, and fans could choose to stay for the rest of the program or go home.

My friend was at the race this weekend. He says the buzz through the stands was that this was the last year for the track to run races. I hope that this is not true. I no that last year there was a rumor that the track was going to become a housing development but that did not happen. Now they are talking it will become a sports complex. Like I said, I hope that this is not true but usually where there is smoke it becomes a fire and I am nervous about this one...

Ppms has already announced the dates for the 2018 Pittsburgh 100.