Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non dirt motorsports

What have you guys been part of this year, other than dirt racing? Drag races, pavement, tractor pulls, monster trucks, mud bogs???

For me...
    3 drag races
    1 pavement mod race
    Trucks at dega this weekend

Drag Racing...I've been a big fan of the Southeast Gassers Series

www.southeastgassers.com

I've been to a few asphalt late model shows here at 5 Flags in Pensacola. Its a nice facility, they get a lot of good cars, run a nice program. Asphalt isn't really my thing but being just a few miles from the house, makes it hard to justify not going if its racing. And the racing is pretty decent most of the time. In asphalt there doesn't seem to be as much parity as in dirt. The same 2-3 guys win 90% of the races, but its still a good product to consume. They also have some weekends where they do drifting in the infield, little ricer cars. It is sketchy as heck but pretty entertaining.

I went to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. I do it every year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

vintage motorcycle weekend at barbers Motorsports park in birmingham , if your into bikes , especially old ones , this is a great event.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    vintage motorcycle weekend at barbers Motorsports park in birmingham , if your into bikes , especially old ones , this is a great event.....
    I've been wanting to go to that, the 100 yr race looks cool as heck.

Checked out the Tractor Pulls at our county fair. My 13 year old son taught me what "rolling coal" means (man I need to get out more often). I'm much appreciative of the mechanical aspect of their sport, but couldn't see putting that amount of effort into something only to get to run down the track one time.

And recently, my 73 year old neighbor bought a "mini-cup" car (slightly bigger than a go-cart, and they run on asphalt). I guess a bucket list thing, and at least he's very spry for his age. I helped him scale it, even though I have no idea what those cars need.

Just the drags this year, at the Thunder Valley Nationals. But usually we try to get in a tractor pull, monster trucks, stuff like that. I do want to add that the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is an awesome event, been there twice and would love to go back again.

Motocross and Supercross.

I went to Slinger Speedway, a pavement track in Wisconsin, for the first time this summer

Haven't been to one of these but if we had that crazy jet boat racing like they do in Australia and New Zealand, I would have to go once!

Indycar race at Gateway

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    And recently, my 73 year old neighbor bought a "mini-cup" car (slightly bigger than a go-cart, and they run on asphalt). I guess a bucket list thing, and at least he's very spry for his age. I helped him scale it, even though I have no idea what those cars need.
    Cross weight is cross weight right? Lol. I seen this things a couple years ago at the big 1/2 mile oval in Montgomery, Al. The ones I watched had some sort of snow mobile engines.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    I went to Slinger Speedway, a pavement track in Wisconsin, for the first time this summer
    Home of the spectator drags and everything crazy! Lol. They put lots of stuff on youtube, good fun.

52nd consecutive “Indy 500”
    Last edited by Bloomerdirtking; 10-09-2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

There's sumthin' other than dirt racing???? Dad gum, it's only Monday and I has already learnt sumpthin' this week.

NASCAR Trucks, Xfinity, and Cup at Chicagoland, and Pavement Late Models at Grundy County.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I've been wanting to go to that, the 100 yr race looks cool as heck.
    very cool , did see a girl fall off one of the old side car racers and got hit by the one behind her , looked bad but herd later she survived. got a niece that lives on perdedo bay in lillian , may come down first of the year to fish , I will pm you and let you know...

Moto and a couple drag races. It's redneck as can be, but I like watching demo derbys at the county fairs around here. You'll see some very good entertainment at those things.

Trophy truck racing specially Baja and Dakar rally "wish the would move it back from Paris, France, to Dakar, Senega". Motocross, The Isle Of Man Tourist Trophy, offshore power boat racing, F1, srrs rock bouncer, monster jam freestyle, moto x. Drag racing.

I take in 8-10 asphalt late model races a year just to remind me how much better it is to watch racing on dirt.