Default Oculus rift iracing

Who has used it and what are your thoughts?

Are you near Plymouth at all? (wisc)

Nope 20 mins south of rockford.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Nope 20 mins south of rockford.
    I had mentioned in an earlier post, I have a Ryzen 5 CPU with RX580 GPU computer, coupled with the Oculus Rift. Best Buy has the same computer for $800, and with the cost and availability of RX580's due to the boom in mining rigs.... you cant build what I bought for the same price. I did add an SSD as well as another 8 of RAM. Pulls the 90 fps no problem.

As far as the Rift VR.... its amazing. You literally feel like you are in the car. I will say after the first day of having it, I called all my friends over to try it, because I was going to return it. It made me feel so weird, almost like I had the flu when taking it off. I read up on it, and everyone said to play for short intervals every day for a week. I tried that, and it worked. I can play for hours now without one bit of motion sickness. Allot of people who come try it, have no issues at all. I think some people just need to get used to it. But it is so realistic, words don't do it justice.

Yea I had a computer built by a guy I know... Am trying to decide between triple screen 32s or the rift. Are the graphics up to the full resolutions as the screens?

Yea I had a computer built by a guy I know... Am trying to decide between triple screen 32s or the rift. Are the graphics up to the full resolutions as the screens?
    No. Does the resolution suck? not at all. The immersion you get from VR will be enough to makeup for the bit less resolution that you get versus a monitor. imo anyway. I just find myself way way more into the game in VR, than I ever was with a monitor.

Thanks for the input... I saw they actually just dropped in price today down to $399. What do I need available for hook up... USB, hdmi, and power?

Thanks for the input... I saw they actually just dropped in price today down to $399. What do I need available for hook up... USB, hdmi, and power?
    No problem man. You will need one open HDMI port on your Graphics Card (or an HDMI to Display Port adapter if you only have display ports left open) 2 open USB 3.0 ports, and one standard USB port.

If you can find someone around you that has one, might want to test it out. I've heard alot of people getting motion sickness from using VR with the sim, would be bad to drop that coin and not be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    If you can find someone around you that has one, might want to test it out. I've heard alot of people getting motion sickness from using VR with the sim, would be bad to drop that coin and not be able to use it.
    good point. the first day I had it, it made me feel hungover. I read up on it, and played for short 15+ minute intervals for a few days, and no longer have any issues after a few days. I guess they call it getting your "vr" legs. If you have never had issues with motion sickness before, you should be fine.