Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My '94 wide combo MB was a leaf car and was converted around '99-2000...

MBR is going to be my go-to advisor next season... he's guaranteed me a spot in the World 100 if I just follow his set-up... not sure if I can afford the J-2 jet engine right now but I'm saving my bucks.

Here's Chubzilla winning at Portsmouth circa early 2000's with a Rocket that was on the hook... the famous 'pass in the grass'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMAAFu0bWNE
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-12-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post

Here's Chubzilla winning at Portsmouth circa early 2000's with a Rocket that was on the hook... the famous 'pass in the grass'...

Speaking of Chub, I just saw somewhere he was going with a 06' or 07' throwback of his own for DTWC

cool.......
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Lol we were carrying the lf on a mod all the way around the track with a 3 link in 96-97 easy drop the rr bar to the bottom hole simple...but wasnt always fastest...compare lap times today and yesteryear theres still track records from years ago just goes toto show todays setups arent necessarily the best...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 10-12-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Lol we were carrying the lf on a mod all the way around the track with a 3 link in 96-97 easy drop the rr bar to the bottom hole simple...but wasnt always fastest...compare lap times today and yesteryear theres still track records from years ago just goes toto show todays setups arent necessarily the best...
    Track records don't fall because of a lack of water. These cars are not much faster in the mud, but easily 1 to 2 seconds faster in the slick than the cars of 15 years ago. The speeds really don't slow down that much throughout the night now.

Very accurate true statement....... I wanna say was around 07 that noticed RF stuck out and the camber gain in corners & straights at Eldora. Rockets were main ones but think if memory serves right bloomquist was 1st to do so

I done my best to find pics, so we could compare how the early 00 cars are to today's cars. Birky and tmac are both at coming off of turn 2 at east bay. Blair and Richards at coming off of 4 at prp.

I don't see any difference

Gary Webb had to be one of the first to lift the front wheel, if not the first.

I remember when lifting the left front was all the rage. A few guys like Moyer and Bloomquist never did it that much while many others were. Funny how so many quickly got away from that.

You always wanted more track width on the front but today that right front is a foot outside the rr at least..I honestly dont see how the rf tire holds up as well as it does as much camber as they are running now days...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    You always wanted more track width on the front but today that right front is a foot outside the rr at least..I honestly dont see how the rf tire holds up as well as it does as much camber as they are running now days...
    Look at the Blair picture. The tire is cambered the wrong way. Today's cars only have excessive camber on the straight. The tire isn't being tortured at that point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

GRT was the first.I had a new one and they told me and Randal Chupp to put this set up on our cars at Bulls Gap.We both done it and thought they were crazy.Chuppp had mech..problems and we started 23rd and was passing for 2nd when we got spun out .We won 13 races and made the world 100 in 1996 in the Grt.

As a guy that back in the LF high riding rage out some cars up on their side or over... I like that front end down feeling much better myself.

Freddie Smith's crew had set his car up one night during hot laps and it was 3 wheeling and he came in and was madder than hell , he quickly told the crew he had won all his race's on 4 wheels and to adjust the car right

Once again monkey see monkey do lol once somebody seen someone else do it then 98 percent of the guys were doing it the next week at that track...

Rick Aukland carried the left front as well. Thought the car was gonna turn over sometimes.

I remember being a kid and standing in the pit area in turn 4 at prp seeing several cars raise the left front so high, you could see the driveshaft turning.

Looking back, these cars are not easy to see out of as it is. Vison couldn't have been very good at all when the cars were up like that.

It was awesome to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    My '94 wide combo MB was a leaf car and was converted around '99-2000...

MBR is going to be my go-to advisor next season... he's guaranteed me a spot in the World 100 if I just follow his set-up... not sure if I can afford the J-2 jet engine right now but I'm saving my bucks.

Wait a minute. Did they actually give that win to Chub Frank? after he drove through the infield???? How is that not a DQ or 1 lap penalty or something?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I remember being a kid and standing in the pit area in turn 4 at prp seeing several cars raise the left front so high, you could see the driveshaft turning.

Looking back, these cars are not easy to see out of as it is. Vison couldn't have been very good at all when the cars were up like that.

It was awesome to see though.
    Tommy Rients said the exact same thing when he first started carrying the left front. Tommy said it got a little scary when all he could see directly in front of him was the top of the left front fender.

Default Left front hike

What did they do - what can you do - to calm down the left front hike