Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Million show at Eldora paid $50,000 for second...talk about a drop off. We racers b!tch about the top heavy purses but we still show up even when we don't stand much chance of breaking even so maybe it's our own faults.

It just makes me wonder how many cars show up if the purse was $30,000 To Win, 20,000,15,000,12,500,10,000,9000,8000,7000,6500,60 00,5500,5000,4750,4500,4250,4000,3900,
    3800,3700,3600, $3500 To Start?

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    It just makes me wonder how many cars show up if the purse was $30,000 To Win, 20,000,15,000,12,500,10,000,9000,8000,7000,6500,60 00,5500,5000,4750,4500,4250,4000,3900,
    3800,3700,3600, $3500 To Start?

Roughly the same amount of cars would show.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You people on here amaze me. We been posting about spreading payouts more evenly for years and everyone says if we don't racing is going to be gone. Ok. So you think posting messages on a forum is going to help initiate the change we need? That's the same crap we hear in politics everyday. If you have a problem with payouts or anything and you post your answer to these problems then why don't you try to contact the right people and take action? I highly doubt they're circling the message boards to see what the idiots think. Social media is losing its credibility with fake news. No one cares what's said on here and it certainly ain't gonna envoke change.
    I like the top heavy payouts because I want to see a battle for the win. What I don't want to see if drivers turning laps just to finish and collect a participation check. These racing teams know they're going to spend a ton of money each year and it's up to them to make it work.
    I'm sure there's ways to get more for the little guy but I don't see changing the payouts as a resolution. You gotta work on the cost to get out there first so the little guy can compete. Cost to run and maintain a DLM is a lot. I'd say that would be step 1 to improving the sport but no one seems to want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    The Million show at Eldora paid $50,000 for second...talk about a drop off. We racers b!tch about the top heavy purses but we still show up even when we don't stand much chance of breaking even so maybe it's our own faults.
    The million was earls dream, and it was going to be a one shot deal. Do we really think earl made a cool mill that weekend? I bet if he had sold one more hot dog, he would've broke even.

It's all just conversation and opinion.

I think it would be cool to make it 75,000 take the other 25k and spread it back through the field..but make it pay 5 k to make the race...Someone could possibly win the biggest purse of their career just by making the show and I think that could draw more cars...

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The million was earls dream, and it was going to be a one shot deal. Do we really think earl made a cool mill that weekend? I bet if he had sold one more hot dog, he would've broke even.
    Strawberry King helped finance that event. Not to take anything away from Earl. I remember being worried about late race restarts but it never came to pass. Donnie won and bought the car he won in and put it in his backyard according to his wife.

The guys who have a shot of running top 10 will all be there. Paying more doesn't get cars. It's been proven 10,000 times. The current body and car rules allow the pros to put 900hp to the ground. That is the problem not if the race pays 2k or 4K to start. How does getting more cars there who won't make the show anyway improve the situation for YOU ?? I don't get it , PRP is the best party and the best cars in the county will be there .. yet you find a reason to complain...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    I think it would be cool to make it 75,000 take the other 25k and spread it back through the field..but make it pay 5 k to make the race...Someone could possibly win the biggest purse of their career just by making the show and I think that could draw more cars...
    It would take a lot more than $25K to pay $5K to start.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    He might have. If I remember right it was about $80 or $100 for a 2 day pit pass. Top heavy purses look better on the poster advertisements, and it gets the top drivers to your race. That's who the fans want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    These are all great ideas. Kinda wish DLM racing had a national weakly podcast where we could get Carl's/Tony's/or the drivers insight on issues like these.
    We kind of do now with Late Model Live but they dont want to tackle the hard questions or hurt anyone's feelings .....

I sure wish I could watch this race on live on DoD .... I would hope someday the people in charge of this hot dog stand would get there act together ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I sure wish I could watch this race on live on DoD .... I would hope someday the people in charge of this hot dog stand would get there act together ....
    My guess is that Carl has looked at his revenue options both with and without streaming. Apparently he feels he's better off staying old school and not streaming. The Hillbilly wasn't streamed either.

Default Streaming

That sucks for me .... I just cant drive 2 hours each way & still work ... Move the race to a different track .... The sport should grow with the technology we have today ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

A lot of you seem overly concerned about NOT winning! Why not make it winner take all?