Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Keeping on the dirt side only which is tough and limited, it would be any, repeat, any race at Ascot Park. The C.R.A. stuff as well as the midgets and Late Model stuff was super sick good.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by PRCKartRacer9 View Post
    2001 DTWC to see the guys get Bloomers autograph on their shirts only to take them right off exposing their Hartman shirts and set them on fire.
    What a dumb A you got a problem

I can't remember the year, id like to go back and see Chubs pass in the grass at prp. If I was to guess, it was around 99 or 2000.

Here is the 'pass in the grass'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMAAFu0bWNE

Don't know what I'd like to see... another Pennsboro race... or Log Cabin... Metrolina was cool having seen Earnhardt race a Ford 6 cylinder there... maybe see my first ever win in my first ever driving appearance running a '59 Chrysler for a girl who owned the car but wasn't allowed in the pits... I loved most any coupe modified race at the old 1/4 mile at Beaver Dam, WI... AJ Foyt taking fast time and a top ten finish with a dirt champ car running against the rear engine Indy cars at Milwaukee... JJ Smith kicking tail at DePere, WI with the HEMI powered Dodge Charger that won the NASCAR championship one season earlier... maybe one more Jack Hewitt win... so many choices.
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-12-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I was there, I just a lil bit too young to appriciate it. I know STARS made a rule right after that you had to pass on the track.

I guess when Drake passed chub, chub thought "I see how it is" and just through that hog in there. How he made it through the infield and not roll a tire off the wheel, oe cut a tire is beyond me. Simply awesome.

Bristol on dirt, went both years..

I would have like to have seen the first Bristol race where they were breaking all the wheels.

I would have like to seen:

Eldora Million
    Bristol on dirt
    2013 PDC
    Wish I could remember some of the first Pennsboro races I went to, but I was very young.

Personally, I would love to go back to September 26th, 1998, Eldora Speedway, 4 Crown Nationals. Even on that night everyone knew we had seen the greatest feat in the history of dirt track racing!!! It didn't need time to sink in. No one needed to rationalize what had happened. Jack Hewitt had won 4 A-mains while driving 4 completely different types of racecars on one of the baddest dirt tracks on the planet against some of the best drivers in the world!!

A close second would be the 1998 Indy 500. Watching the unbridled joy and exuberance of Jack Hewitt when he qualified on pole day and then go on to run in the top 15 during most of the duration of the biggest race in the world and finishing 12th after a late race full lock broadslide through turn 2 at The Speedway. In a way, Jack took all of us grass roots dirt fans with him on his dream ride in the Indy 500!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-13-2017 at 08:00 AM.

I wish I had been able to attend the last SDW at Syracuse. I had planned on going, but the circumstances weren't right for me to attend.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I would have like to have seen the first Bristol race where they were breaking all the wheels.
    It was disappointing, as far as the racing went. Leaders kept breaking, then the stop to change wheels and guys trying to cool their engines. It was cool because it had never been done before, but lacking otherwise.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It would be the 1983 Miller 100 at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids,IA

Santa-Fe Speedway, Clay Track-200.

06 World for sure

why nobody answer Mr Hubbard yet

The east bay week when the juice beat epj ......heard the racing that year was stellar for east bay.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The east bay week when the juice beat epj ......heard the racing that year was stellar for east bay.
    That was a good one......the last three nights were good that year!

But then again, Ive never been to a bad race there...night races that is!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Any DTWC at Pennsboro, or any old STARS race at WVMS.
    Also i never got to see Purvis race anything other than Nascar at richmond, so any race with him on dirt from back in the day.

Without a doubt, it'd be the 1988 World 100 when a boy from California moved to upper East TN and he was not a household name in the world of Dirt Track Racing. Surrounded by family and friends of Donnie Moran there at Eldora, they were turning around and asking me "Again, can you tell me who this guy is?" as they had never heard of him. Of course, it was Scott Bloomquist. He went on to win The World 100 the first time he ever showed up at Eldora. That was very impressive. My second favorite race of all time was the Kentucky Klassic at Barren County Speedway in Glasgow, KY in 1991 (I think it was). I will never forget Scott Bloomquist and Billy Moyer running neck and neck for 31 laps and never touching one another. Moyer went on to win the 50 lapper with Bloomquist finishing second, I believe. What an AWESOME RACE! Talk about two class guys who showed one another their utmost respect for one another...to run that fast on that track which was not always the smoothest track and to run one another that hard and never touch each other was VERY IMPRESSIVE. Of course, watching Bloomquist go to the back of the lead lap in the World 100 at Eldora Speedway in 2014 and come from the back to and win was really something to see, as well.

Any past time race that my dad, Leebo and Slick01 were all present...Summerville Speedway dirt days, Timmonsville or Concord Big 10 dirt....could even be a Myrtle Beach big asphalt late model race...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It was disappointing, as far as the racing went. Leaders kept breaking, then the stop to change wheels and guys trying to cool their engines. It was cool because it had never been done before, but lacking otherwise.
    I went the second year. Over 50% less cars, but the racing wasn't bad, and they implemented rules to where they weren't having the issues they had the first year.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.