Default Switch to swingarm?

Run 3 link on fixed birdcages, any advantage in going to swingarm setup for lower links?

My car was that way with elmanator on swing arm . Powers to be decided that it was some kind of advantage and the constant bitching they took it away I put a clamp bracket in front of housing I think car is better like this it has a solid top link and as rear tries to rotate it pushes on spring even though I know it can't move.i would put on clamp in front if not that way now

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    My car was that way with elmanator on swing arm . Powers to be decided that it was some kind of advantage and the constant bitching they took it away I put a clamp bracket in front of housing I think car is better like this it has a solid top link and as rear tries to rotate it pushes on spring even though I know it can't move.i would put on clamp in front if not that way now
    car is 3link now locked birdcage per rules. swingarm is allowed but I am not sure on top link, guessing they might not like to link, as rules say 3 link. I thinking of taking LR spring and putting it on a swingarm. not sure if I will make same change to RR, might leave it coil over behind rear end where it us now.....just wondering if there is any advantage to swingarm 3 link verus plain old trailing arm 3 link

Close Racing does their clip cars like that I copied their set up the cars like that have tremendous drive off of corners they don't use a bird cage but just a clamp on bracket for trailing arm .My car was hooked so hard it would literally bog motor off corner had to actually unhook car some keep in mind it's a clip 3 link with only around 350 to 400 HP my point is this car feels the same on clamp I left swing arm on and coilover looks like it is still attached to swingarm location is so close actually first time my shock guy saw he said it was illegal .we can now run coilovers on rear .Last thing keep in mind my car uses a 4ft long pull bar .I think there is something to it but don't know what it is..The close cars and my car bite so hard LR tire wrinkles like a drag car coming off corners Leave rr behind that's the way mine is.

RW57, will drop you a PM would like to know more about particulars on this setup.