Default fuel pressure e85

What fuel pressure do you need for e85 as opposed to running gas? I've been told you can run the same for both but was concerned since doesn't e85 have more of an alkohol content?

You need at least 7 psi at end of straight.Takes about 25 percent more volume for e85. I use a quick fuel mechanical pump with 1/2 fuel line. I do not have a crate but run a 600 Holley single line. The pump I run has 14 psi that I run thru a regulator turned down to 7 psi I do not run a bypass type regulator.

agree with RW57---"at least 7 PSI at the end of the straight away" ---NOT on a free rev in the pits

we tell our customers 8 but 7 is good providing it has that at the end

when using a dead head regulator we highly recommend one with 1/2" pipe fittings
    the Holley 12-704 is big and ugly but works great for this application

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Brad how do you recomend plumbing up the holley regulator? do you want to run the 2 out ports , one to each bowl on carb? or can one out port be blocked? hope that make sense...

Huck,
    in the perfect world --yes I would like to see the 2 "out" ports go to each bowl
    HOWEVER---that is a tuff plumbing job
    the Holley 12-704 with its big in and out ports are able to handle the flow required with just 1 "out"
    It really does work just fine---no need to go through the plumbing headaches of trying to put it between bowls

Brad
    www.race-1.com