Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt Million

Almost just posted the same thing. WOW!

A few more details here.

http://www.dirtmillion.com/

That should bring cars and fans in from all over. I just wonder which series will book a race against them 1st since this is a non-sanctioned event? Lucas or WoO?

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    That should bring cars and fans in from all over. I just wonder which series will book a race against them 1st since this is a non-sanctioned event? Lucas or WoO?
    Lucas Oil Sanctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    It says it is a Lucas Event. Sounds like it should be called the Go Fund Me 100.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I am sure being Lucas Oil sanctioned, they will get fully funded. If it does end up paying $10K to start, I'm sure this race will hold the highest car count of any race in 2018. Just hope the format is not the traditional qualifying and heats on Friday night with the feature on Saturday.
    Sniper's Late Model Fantasy League

Great idea for the promoter.....free money! Horrible to take advantage of the fan base with this idea. It's 1 thing for a organization like the Fans Fund to help the USA Nationals and raise $25,000, but its another to try to attempt to add hundreds of thousands of dollars to a purse that the promoter doesn't have to stick his neck out to pay out.

This is a very slippery slope that every promoter will watch and see how it goes. As fans we shouldn't be put in this position in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Great idea for the promoter.....free money! Horrible to take advantage of the fan base with this idea. It's 1 thing for a organization like the Fans Fund to help the USA Nationals and raise $25,000, but its another to try to attempt to add hundreds of thousands of dollars to a purse that the promoter doesn't have to stick his neck out to pay out.

This is a very slippery slope that every promoter will watch and see how it goes. As fans we shouldn't be put in this position in my opinion.
    It's not like he's holding a gun to your head demanding money. He's already sticking his neck out paying 100k to win. He's not taking advantage of anybody.

I find it ironic that you think the FansFund is alright..... but this isn't. It's literally the same thing.

I see your point, but no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to contribute. I really don't see why fans would contribute. I read the info and I don't see the incentive. If I wanted to help a racer, I'd give him the money. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't make any sense.

Also, saw mention of provisionals that read like it was buying a spot in the field. Not a fan of that.

All in all though, sounds like it will be good for the sport. It's got people talking, so even if it doesn't come close to raising the 1m purse, that's a good thing.

" the drivers who receive the most support will be in line for event benefits, including possible provisional starting spots for the headliner." uuhhhgg...

A promoter thinking out side of the box? How refreshing!

Its not like its 25k or 50k to win, this race is paying 100k to win 2k to start before any of the fundraising starts. His Neck isn't on the line for a 200k purse to start with, please. I think he has huge balls for doing this and I personally think its a pretty good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    I find it ironic that you think the FansFund is alright..... but this isn't. It's literally the same thing.
    It’s 1 thing to raise $25k seperate from the set purse to help pay for expenses. It’s another thing to set a $800k crowdfunding goal to increase the purse. Just my opinion. I don’t like where this is going.

I don't see anything wrong with it. If he doesn't raise a dime, the purse is still 100,000 to win, 2,000 to start. Getting a few sponsors will help. Fans don't HAVE to do anything if they don't want. It will be cool to see what this race turns into. It kind of has that All star race feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    It will be cool to see what this race turns into. It kind of has that All star race feel.
    The big question is whether other series/promoters schedule against it...especially WoO. Even when WoO is off on weekends when Lucas has "crown jewel" races, their series regulars often don't turn out....which is understandable. They get an off week and some of them just want to get a breather. One would hope that the race is a big enough draw that it pulls a Dream/World quality field. Whether it is this race. the DTWC or Knoxville, it would be nice if a third race could step up to that level of quality/car count as Eldora to give us a true Triple Crown of elite races.

Wouldn't it be a week before the World?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it. If he doesn't raise a dime, the purse is still 100,000 to win, 2,000 to start. Getting a few sponsors will help. Fans don't HAVE to do anything if they don't want. It will be cool to see what this race turns into. It kind of has that All star race feel.
    I agree, I don't see a risk to the drivers. Not exactly the same, but I remember the NDRA Stroh's Invitation event of the 80s having the same feel to it.

Leave it to a few idiots to totally misunderstand the whole thing, and start trashing it. Just like the Dome deal. Congrats to him for injecting some fun and interaction into the sport. Everyone stands to win in this deal, in a sport which has suffered allot of losses over the years. Unique and fun idea, best of luck to everyone involved. Just goes to show, some people will hate on anything.

Based on the Lucas schedule just released. Twin 10k features on the Friday night show.