Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Your spending 50 dollars to watch a race. Some car owners are seriously spending 500k. Telling them we have to do some absurd format so you and a couple other people can sit there and pull you puds is absurd. The couple people with a lot of money are the ones that drove the costs up. The average racer wishes the costs were back to 1990 levels. Plenty of racers have come from the tail in qualifying formats. Where did Josh Richards start the feature Saturday with this format that makes you cream your jeans ???
    It's about making the heats worth watching. The cream rose to the top like it always does and there was plenty of passing to watch, which further proves that qualifying is a waste of time.

Too much emphasis on qualifying has drove the cost of motors up. If you want what late model racing is left to stay this needs to change. Like I have stated before the better racers will make it to the front by the end of the night. Im for whatever format works for each track and the track conditions. Passing points and drawing has there pros and cons. The track conditions have to allow for racing, if not its boring. being a racer and also sitting in the stands as a spectator I think qualifying is horribly boring. Keep the fans interested, they talk and more people come! Otherwise none of us will be racing or we will be paying more entry fees to pay the purse like I used too in mini sprints.