Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Andy Durham D3 Fords stand alone!

Once again Ford power takes Josh Richards from good to great. Can’t wait to order my back to back double national titles DRE Ford shirts. It’s an absolute crying ugly shame that so called Outlaw sprint car racing is afraid of the good stuff. Andy has now proven without a shadow of doubt that a small block chevy is an inferior piece if the rule book doesn’t favor or like WoO sprint car racing all but demand an sbc!!!

How many blunts did you have last night?
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

So he's charging 55k for D3 stuff ?? I assumed that was for an RY45 ...

55k smh bad for dirt racing

Durham is taking over. Minthess must want DLM to be like the next ASA.

There were a couple PRP steel block cars in attendance. I think those were maybe the only legit small block Chevy's.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by race14 View Post
    55k smh bad for dirt racing
    Bad bad bad the investment compared to the return is silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Bad bad bad the investment compared to the return is silly...
    Doesn’t anyone realize, Josh was falling further behind week after week untill domination came the moment the ol Ford arrived mid season. Winning intead of loosing.... looks like a wise investment to me.

Default Lol

Aren’t you forgetting he was running a fukin Dargie engine? He then switched to Durham. Whether it was Chevy or Ford I think is very minimal. The builder is the main thing to look at. When you were under Roush and who knows who else, that experience matters.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Heard those Ford kits cost him $35,000. That came from another engine builder. If so, he's marking up $20,000 for his knowledge, assembly and whatever else he's doing to them.

This why I don't care when national drivers cry when they say it cost so much run super late models. They are the ones running the cost of Bill up. If he comes out with new engine next year charges 65k for it. They will run to Durham to buy it.

One thing... the Ford motors actually have some Ford part numbers on them... trying to think of what OEM Chevy parts are used in the top levels of dirt racing....

Here come the crickets... "chirp... chirp... chirp"....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Dominating? He won by like 60 points? A couple of flat tires less,and we could've easily had a different outcome. But, he did win the championship any way you look at it. He had a hot streak at the start of the year and the Summer too. Not domination though.
    Formerly 66#1

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    One thing... the Ford motors actually have some Ford part numbers on them... trying to think of what OEM Chevy parts are used in the top levels of dirt racing....

Here come the crickets... "chirp... chirp... chirp"....
    Can u tell us what parts on the engine are made by FORD

Yea, I wanna hear this one too. Let's see. The blocks and heads are machined from a rather large chunk of aluminum. Cranks are built to the engine builders specs. Rods are probably one of the few parts builders do not put a large effort into. Pistons, dome shapes and heights along with ring grooves are were the builder wants them. Cam, Yea AD plugs in the numbers. ANYHOW. Get the drift. It's really not a ford. It's really not a chevy. About the ONLY thing that seperated them is the cylinder head chambers and runners. So back to it. AD is building great HP. I GOT IT. The intake manifold from edelbrock is ordered by ford or chevy clarification. All you clowns that think these are ford's or chevy's are still living in the 60's.

I would guess the heads and probably intake manifolds have the ford part numbers on them. I think cup stuff has to have it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Several years ago when Durham was a Yates employee, Josh improved the exact same way without chevs. I think his sbcs were Jack Cornett back then. Dont know anything about Chevs this year but Mr Cornett is no fool.

Josh would have won by 260 if they would have shed some of his lady’s ego and started the year with what embarrases every version of an sbc yet conceived. Any time a Ford wins everyone always “hears” that they are way more money.
    Last edited by minthess; 10-22-2017 at 07:08 PM.

The Chevy vs Ford debate=Retarded
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

There was a wore out chevy cornett motor thats won over $100k finished 3rd
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    The Chevy vs Ford debate=Retarded
    Yep. No debate any longer

Josh’s peice is very Ford and not ultra modern or exotic. 1969 Boss 302 to SVO stuff in the early 80s to Yates improvements in the early 90s to SC1 around 2000 to D3 10 years ago.