Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mansfield Motor Speedway - Mansfield, OH track...a question or two

Can anyone tell me how competitive the DLM are on this track. I'm considering attending the big race event in August 2018 but unsure if it is another "choo choo" train or not. I know nothing about it.Do they have reserved seating and if so, does anyone know when those reserved seats go on sale and how we go about purchasing them. Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me about this.

August in western ohio. Hot, humid, late afternoon rain is a daily occurrence. The track crew will all have top hats on so the fans think they are magical. Was there, good viewing angles from just about anywhere.

Mansfield isn't in Western Ohio dirtcrazy4u - Eldora is. In August there is also not a daily occurrence of rain. It is Hot and humid so rain is forecast but more often than not it doesn't happen. --- I've not been to this track since it has been dirt but I know the facilities were very nice. I think if it is a reasonable drive for you I'd go, gotta support these big events to do our part!

The facility is second to none. I was there for the first race of the year, they didn't have the track anywhere near race ready that night and it took all night for three classes. However, it looked like the lucas oil race in July was pretty good there. I think they have worked out a few of the kinks. I can't wait for this event next season.

last season was the first year back to dirt for Mansfield with only a few shows ran so there is still lots of UNKNOWNS here as far as racing and the surface.. the race I went to wasn't to bad at all it was a little rough but its to be expected with the new surface... the facility is top notch and I think it will be one of the premiere dirt tracks in the Midwest at least all signs point to that.. as thinkstomuch mentioned above if your within a reasonable distance definitely go, I haven't seen info yet on ticket sales but I know I will be attending the Dirt Million
    Last edited by jensenracing18; 10-24-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

As all have said, the facility is very nice. My only complaint is that since is was a paved track and there is an inside wall, the corners are shaped a little weird to get around the bottom well with a dirt car. I would like to see them shave the entrance and exit off some. But realize that would be a lot of work.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I went to Mansfield twice this year and all who say facility is second to none are absolutely right. The racing was pretty good and I would imagine it will get better the more races the track has. I'm looking forward to attending more races there next year. I hope they run a couple times a month to get the surface worked in the way it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    August in western ohio. Hot, humid, late afternoon rain is a daily occurrence. The track crew will all have top hats on so the fans think they are magical. Was there, good viewing angles from just about anywhere.
    Daily rain in Ohio? What you talkin about Willis?

Looks like a good track to me
    I am what I am

Anything past Youngstown is western to me. O so in August there's no humidity or heat ? I didn't say it rained everyday. This promotional team is so far doing all the right things to turn this place into a facility that fans and drivers are going to want to come too.

Anything past Youngstown is western to me. O so in August there's no humidity or heat ? I didn't say it rained everyday. This promotional team is so far doing all the right things to turn this place into a facility that fans and drivers are going to want to come too.
    Huh. Late afternoon rain is a DAILY occurrence.

Pretty much take 71/Columbus, draw a line N/S, then West is West and East is East.

Anything past Youngstown is western Ohio? Seriously?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I call everything west of Columbus, Western Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    And id say thats how 99.9% of people feel.

I never made it to the lucas race in july, wanted too but didn't. Im almost thinking there was a good chance of rain, and we didnt wanna make the trip then it be rained out. So we just stayed home, and of course the race was ran without any interruption. Ill be there for this big one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    You betcha. I grew up near Youngstown, you’re about 20 minutes from PA lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    The racing looked pretty good in this video and if we were closer the big August race would be highlighted on our racin' calendar. However, whoever it is that did the driver intro's in the video is absolutely awful. Just do the drivers names straight and leave the carnival barker crap at home!

Mansfield is north and east of Columbus, not west.

Quote Originally Posted by flash49 View Post
    Mansfield is north and east of Columbus, not west.
    All of us but dirtcrazy are well aware of where Mansfield is. I’ve had trainings in Mansfield for my previous employer. Definitely not missing anything, a lot like Portsmouth, but not quite that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The racing looked pretty good in this video and if we were closer the big August race would be highlighted on our racin' calendar. However, whoever it is that did the driver intro's in the video is absolutely awful. Just do the drivers names straight and leave the carnival barker crap at home!
    LOL!...CIRF...That is none other than James Essex who is "the voice" of LOLMDS events. I remember his days at Brownstown Speedway when he was the announcer there (prior to joining the LOLMDS) and I have to say he was much better at Brownstown than he is now with the LOLMDS. In my opinion, he tries to do a good job but simply overkills. I'm with you, let's leave the carnival barker crap elsewhere other than the tracks...Also, I think he clearly is not objective in his announcing as he favors the O'Neal's and a few others on the LOLMDS circuit. I think in that position, NEUTRALITY MUST REIGN. Just my opinion! I'm all for Bret Emrick announcing on the LOLMDS tour. He's one of the best and most professional I've ever heard.