Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Good they need to tame down those hideous cow catchers...

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    I was told different, Who knows! I find it odd that they just tested Dohm knowing if he got busted that maybe someone right behind him or top 5 might have done the samething!
    Was told that Zack's feature tires were tested and Eddie Carriers qualifying tires from Friday night were tested. Dohm was the only car checked on Saturday, how in the world is that fair? This system is FLAWED

I agree, You hear so many different stories, You don't know who to believe! They should have tested the top 3 in the A-Main and did random testing on friday night or should have just let it go all together if that's all they did!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Was told that Zack's feature tires were tested and Eddie Carriers qualifying tires from Friday night were tested. Dohm was the only car checked on Saturday, how in the world is that fair? This system is FLAWED
    If you’re going to test, test everyone that starts the feature. If not, don’t do it at all

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I feel the same way about doping tires as doping athletes. Let them do it. If one guy juices his tires and has a good result, they all will do it--then it's a level playing field. Whatever makes the racing better. Obviously outlawing tire prep isn't working, so why not allow it?
    Maybe because some of the chemicals used have been linked to cancer and other physical issues. Tell me would you want your kids or other family members exposed to something flying around the track that could cause harm to them? If you do then I say you are a minority.
    There have been several old tracks that have closed and before they could be converted to another business the dirt had to be disposed of because of toxins in the dirt.
    So I ask you again is it worth risking peoples health for a better race........

Wasn't it Tony Stewart that wants to clean up & improve Dirt racing in general ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by MidTnDirtFan View Post
    Maybe because some of the chemicals used have been linked to cancer and other physical issues. Tell me would you want your kids or other family members exposed to something flying around the track that could cause harm to them? If you do then I say you are a minority.
    There have been several old tracks that have closed and before they could be converted to another business the dirt had to be disposed of because of toxins in the dirt.
    So I ask you again is it worth risking peoples health for a better race........
    Do you work for Hoosier?

Just joking around, the reason I say that is because even though what you say makes sense , I can't imagine that tire prep floating around in the air is any more harmful than the exhausts in the air, or any other of the stuff brought in ( or left behind) at an event.....lots of stuff they use or bring in is harmful to them and or the fans .

Fluids,aerosols,cleaners,fuel,oils,etc........rubb er in the air has toxins in the air ......tainted rubber or not.

It's a multi pronged excuse( the reasons for tire testing).....health reasons are just the absolute smallest of all of them.....if we are being real.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Wasn't it Tony Stewart that wants to clean up & improve Dirt racing in general ....
    Code for , dirtnascar.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

A matter of time before some race fan or participant sues a track or promoter for their health issues. Their legal team will attempt to link their problems with the dirt, and whatever else, that flies at dirt track events. Show video of the haze surrounding the track and pit area, could be a strong case.

Only a lib dumba** would try and sue a race track because of health problems stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Do you work for Hoosier?

Just joking around, the reason I say that is because even though what you say makes sense , I can't imagine that tire prep floating around in the air is any more harmful than the exhausts in the air, or any other of the stuff brought in ( or left behind) at an event.....lots of stuff they use or bring in is harmful to them and or the fans .

Fluids,aerosols,cleaners,fuel,oils,etc........rubb er in the air has toxins in the air ......tainted rubber or not.

It's a multi pronged excuse( the reasons for tire testing).....health reasons are just the absolute smallest of all of them.....if we are being real.
    No I dont work for Hoosier..........LOL.
    I just had to respond to such a comment. BUT as a parent of a child that used to go to the races with me to the races and later came down with Leukemia you have to second guess yourself as to what could have caused this. We used to go to Atomic in Knoxville and back in the day they didn't really enforce any type of tire rules. And after it closed there was talk of them having to remove the dirt and treat it as contaminated.
    I remember getting home from the track with a black face from dirt and rubber. And if you are juicing the tires and that ends up on your skin there is a chance it could be absorbed.

So all of my comments are from past experience.
    If drivers feel they have to cheat to win then I say they should be banned after the second offense. And I mean banned everywhere!!!!! But we all know that won't ever happen because of popularity of some drivers.
    Last edited by MidTnDirtFan; 10-28-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Just one of the reasons I haven't been to a race in about 4 years. Why go and watch someone win only to find out a week later their tires failed? Kinda takes the fun and excitement out of going to the races. Plus, if you have to cheat to win, maybe you are not that good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    I just don't get how you could debunk that? They test for anything that "falls outside the factory chemical makeup specs". Not for a specific chemical. Say some guy is having brake issues and was bleeding his brakes in the pit stall, brake fluid all over the ground. Now he comes in after hot laps and parks over that brake fluid. That will for (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure show up on a tire test if that portion of the tire is tested. Just like you can roll prep inside or out and it will bleed in, same for other chemicals as well. Some guy grenades a rear end on the track and you are parked on it during a red or restart, absolutely that can contaminate a tire. May not be a prep chemical, but doesn't matter... anything that inst "in" the tire from the manufacturer is a fail.
    I can think of one obvious counterpoint to this theory. If this is true, why does it seem that for the most part it's the same few drivers that keep getting caught over and over, and in various different series using slightly different testing procedures with different labs. I keep hearing this argument every time someone is caught, but it seems to me that if this were the case, the infractions would be much more even throughout the sport, affecting random drivers equally. There wouldn't be a "black cloud of circumstantial unfairness" following the same drivers around the country year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Agree with this... but I suppose there's two ways to look at it...the series had always planned to test the race winner, and Carrier was tested because he was the fastest qualifier Friday night (note his test was clean)...or maybe they were tipped off to something.

Not trying to start an argument, just playing devil's advocate. Strange to me that they tested ALL FOUR tires on the 17 car but no other tires were tested at all that night.

Does anybody else find it odd that we rarely hear of any sprint, midget, or modifieds being busted for tires? Do they just not test them or what?

Quote Originally Posted by race14 View Post
    Only a lib dumba** would try and sue a race track because of health problems stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    About as stupid as someone making something stupid political eh?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTnDirtFan View Post
    No I dont work for Hoosier..........LOL.
    I just had to respond to such a comment. BUT as a parent of a child that used to go to the races with me to the races and later came down with Leukemia you have to second guess yourself as to what could have caused this. We used to go to Atomic in Knoxville and back in the day they didn't really enforce any type of tire rules. And after it closed there was talk of them having to remove the dirt and treat it as contaminated.
    I remember getting home from the track with a black face from dirt and rubber. And if you are juicing the tires and that ends up on your skin there is a chance it could be absorbed.

So all of my comments are from past experience.
    If drivers feel they have to cheat to win then I say they should be banned after the second offense. And I mean banned everywhere!!!!! But we all know that won't ever happen because of popularity of some drivers.
    While it is easy to quickly discredit what you say, I know it is possible. I work in the excavation business and some jobs the dirt is taken to a special dump. It is possible from years of dirt racing for a soil to become contaminated and affect you. Am I going to keep going, yeah, I don’t attend a lot of races a year, and anymore, dam near everything is a health risk.

Though you are correct to me in that it is possible as well as possible that they hauled off some of the dirt as contaminated from where they put the trucking terminal at Atomic.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Does anybody else find it odd that we rarely hear of any sprint, midget, or modifieds being busted for tires? Do they just not test them or what?
    There have been a few guys that failed tire tests in big block modified land over the last couple years, most notably Stephane LaFrance, who admitted to treating the tires. It was pretty refreshing to see that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There seems to be a lot of BS surrounding the juiced tire. First, if it was a health concern, you would think, the contaminants would be listed, that was the health problem and anyone with that substance in their tire, would be barred from racing permanently. The thing is most of the chemicals are found under your sink or in the garage, with no health warnings what ever. That reeks of falsehood.

If only one car was checked on this night, there is no control base for a test. If it's not a A B A test, it should never be considered accurate.

If the tester is publicly publishing the results to be judged by the fän, the itemized list of contaminants should be made public. We will find out what detergent they washed the car with or that deadly fish oil in WD40. Don't get me wrong, there are solvents that should never be sold, much less used on anything. These are the ones that should ban a car for life.

My personal thoughts are this is so rampant, that as Warren Moon said last year, You can use 5oz, but if you use 6oz, your going to get busted.

The testing will have to be more transparent and scientific, for the fans to buy into it. If No tests came back good, as happened with Dohm, the test had no base. All the tires could have been sold contaminated on
    all the cars or they all could have run threw a toxic puddle, belonging to the track. If he was the only one tested.

The bottom line is these tracks or sanctioning groups that test can't be trusted anymore that the drivers that cheat. I have only seen one test result that was item listed.

So they only tested the winners tires? Someone could plan on running second and dope their tires all they want.