Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm going to chime in on this deal and some of y'all can call me a dumb@$$ if you'd like but here is my take on it. I worked at a furniture factory in the receiving dept for almost 15 years and I unloaded trucks daily most of our paint, paint thinner and acid wash would usually be delivered by Schneider, JB Hunt, AAA Cooper, or Swift and sometimes a local company getting a backhaul and drop it off but if I had a nickel for every tire I've seen stacked on top of this products or laying in the floor next to it or next to a pallet of batteries I'd be rich. Most of the tires I seen was just regular automobile tires or sometimes tractor tires but if these racing tires is hauled the same way once they leave the factory there is no telling what in the hell they've come in contact with. I've seen plenty of busted buckets of chemicals and paint thinner pour out in the trailers and everything be piled in right on top of it. Every time I hear of somebody getting busted for hot tires first thing I think of is what I've seen down through the years from the way these things are hauled across the country. I'm not saying people don't cheat them up but I'm saying it's very (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) possible some people has got busted from something contaminating them before they did get in their hands.

Pennsboro (Quote thing is acting weird again)

"Like I said before, I’m well aware tire cheating occurs a lot. Guys like Madden, Bloomer, and Owens have been caught multiple times. They’re notorious tire cheaters. But I also think it’s a flawed process and there’s too many variables."

This is exactly where I stand too. I usually err to the side of the test ,but man its hard to not take the Dohm's at face value. Like I said, if there has ever been a time to believe the racer its this one. Maybe thats they going for... under the radar and unsuspecting

Since you guys are braggin on Bayko I will too.... Good job. Always a poster, knowledgeable, clearly spoken, and seems everyone gets a fair shake from you. I appreciate the real name users too!

You have to double click on the "reply with quote" button for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Yep, it's been that way for many years. I honestly can't remember not double-clicking it.

Even double clicking doesn't work sometimes. You can do that, itll come up with nothing to quote. Its been doing it to me some lately.

Dindu nuffin

I feel the same way about doping tires as doping athletes. Let them do it. If one guy juices his tires and has a good result, they all will do it--then it's a level playing field. Whatever makes the racing better. Obviously outlawing tire prep isn't working, so why not allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post

Dindu nuffin
    Lmao......

There is one side that is never heard from and that is the tire manufacturers. They can never guarantee that every batch of tires is made up chemicallay the same way every time. In fact it would be impossible to do so. As some one who has worked in the chemical industry for 40 years I see it every day that the make up of chemicals is always in a state of flux. Don't know if you been keeping up with the latest out of china but one of its largest steel manufacturers was caught falseifing tests on the make up of its products.many that is used in the auto industry so some major recalls may be coming. This is the same in the chemical industry what your told your getting and what your acailly getting may be two different things. You may never know because both products will give you the same end results.

How can a series d.q. a driver for illegal substance on tires when the race track land (pit area is contaminated itself) they have the recycling company where they crush cars so old cars and truck loads of crushed cars are hauled in and out everyday not only that the pit area in turns 1 and 2 years ago had thousands upon thousands of old batteries maybe dohm should get soil samples from pit areas see if anything matches what showed up on tires that could be the 15,000.00 dollar answer

zero chance Zach doped a tire.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Maybe they were "missing a chemical". We don't know. I still don't know why they don't post the composition found vs what is supposed to be there.

*I see now the latest dod story says there is an extra chemical.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-26-2017 at 04:50 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

i'm guessing that the tire came to Zach already doped, if indeed it was doped. I do not trust the entire process. I know for a fact that the tire that boggs was busted with at atomic was not doped by boggs or any of his crew members, so there is a flaw spmewhere.
    anyone but lanigan

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    i'm guessing that the tire came to Zach already doped, if indeed it was doped. I do not trust the entire process. I know for a fact that the tire that boggs was busted with at atomic was not doped by boggs or any of his crew members, so there is a flaw spmewhere.
    Did you go buy the tire and mount it up, Pink?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Yep, it's been that way for many years. I honestly can't remember not double-clicking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Even double clicking doesn't work sometimes. You can do that, itll come up with nothing to quote. Its been doing it to me some lately.
    Exactly z. With some posters it’s just not working. Double click, quadruple click, exit out, come back, reset the page, nada.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Did you go buy the tire and mount it up, Pink?
    no I didn't, but I know it came to them doped.
    anyone but lanigan

They found a chemical common to brake cleaner, so more than likely a solvent. Good for softening a tire, though I’d think it’d deteriorate too quickly.

This whole thing stinks , says on dod that all 4 tires failed , how many times have they checked all 4 tires on one car , I'll say once , also was the tires off Marlar's car checked, what about Carrier and oh yea how about old Ray Cook himself he was in the race also, not sure how because he didn't race his way in ! Hope they've got an attorney to file an injunction and get themselves a court order to hold the payoffs until this is done fairly . Think it also warrants a call to the EPA to check the scrap yard for run off, oh yea don't Marler have one of those also. They promoted that race all week and already had Marler winning the race ,well guess what he didn't win the race Zack Dohm won the race now pay the young man the money he won.

I'm with Bayko 100% on this one...what would you expect anyone to say once they get caught..."Yeah I did it here's the $15000 back"..?

I like the Dohm family, I think they're hard working common folk, but I was at the race and Marlar was fast, but he probably has 20,000 laps at Ponderosa and then Dohm's car caught fire all of the sudden and I think I heard him say that was his first trip to the Pond. That alone doesn't make him a cheater, but DoD says ALL 4 TIRES TESTED DID NOT MEET BENCHMARK, not just one tire.

As for picking up a foreign substance in the pits, every car in the feature ran over the same grounds and you can bet they tested the top 3 at least. Plus it certainly sounds like Ray Cook gave them every opportunity to clear themselves. On top of that (and Zack said this himself), he's had very good results this year. Sometimes you just get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    I'm with Bayko 100% on this one...what would you expect anyone to say once they get caught..."Yeah I did it here's the $15000 back"..?

I like the Dohm family, I think they're hard working common folk, but I was at the race and Marlar was fast, but he probably has 20,000 laps at Ponderosa and then Dohm's car caught fire all of the sudden and I think I heard him say that was his first trip to the Pond. That alone doesn't make him a cheater, but DoD says ALL 4 TIRES TESTED DID NOT MEET BENCHMARK, not just one tire.

As for picking up a foreign substance in the pits, every car in the feature ran over the same grounds and you can bet they tested the top 3 at least. Plus it certainly sounds like Ray Cook gave them every opportunity to clear themselves. On top of that (and Zack said this himself), he's had very good results this year. Sometimes you just get caught.
    To be fair, Marlar tangled with a lap car and started pushing bad in the turns.