Default Smackdown ride heights

Purchased an 06 smackdown and the setup sheets from Masters say RF and LF ride heights 3 7/8". I assume that is from the ground up to frame just before the incline? Only reason I ask is I had a Rayburn that gave the measurement between top of lower control arm to bottom of frame.

Quote Originally Posted by shawburn View Post
    Purchased an 06 smackdown and the setup sheets from Masters say RF and LF ride heights 3 7/8". I assume that is from the ground up to frame just before the incline? Only reason I ask is I had a Rayburn that gave the measurement between top of lower control arm to bottom of frame.
    Measure same as Rayburn.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

But I was thinking it is 3 3/4. Been a while though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Standard smack front end ride heights are 3-7/8 left side and 3-3/4 right side.
    S7 smack front end it goes to 3-1/2" both sides. If you don't have the S7 front end, stop what you are doing and get it. It's the best money you'll spend on that car. If you don't do it immediately and decide to do it later, you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner after you feel the difference. And with the standard smack front end stuff, you'll pick up some bad driving habits that are hard to break.

With the S7 front am I going to still have to raise the right frame rail? How low a spring can you go on that deal?
    Last edited by keeks; 10-31-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    With the S7 front am I going to still have to raise the right frame rail? How low a spring can you go on that deal?
    What year car? I ran 325 to 300 rf with bumpstops.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

2004 square tube.

I had an '07 with the S7 front end. I ran as low as a #325 without a bump on the RF, and even went as low as a #275 with a bump (but felt that was a little too soft). I would at least raise the crossmember (where the R&P plate is), and yes, the right rail as well. I never raised the rail, but did raise the crossmember, and that was a big help in not bottoming out (at least as hard or as often as before).

How much do you raise rack mount? I have a 12 Mastersbilt.

I'm not sure where they are (height wise) on a 2012, but on my 2007 I just cut out the entire tube that the R&P plate is welded to, then cut the ends so it sat right on top of what I call the down tubes (what the lower control arms bolt to). I think it raised it about 1.25" overall.

I should also point out that I put slotted R&P ends on because of it being higher now (to get bump steer correct).