Thread: Rayburn LR

Default Rayburn LR

Any of the 5 other people that still believe in these with me tried a stack on the LR or maybe a dual rate hyperco spring?

Quote Originally Posted by hrmotorsports33 View Post
    Any of the 5 other people that still believe in these with me tried a stack on the LR or maybe a dual rate hyperco spring?
    swing arm ???

I tried it on mine running 4bar and i liked it but im also running a 357 steel block. I used a couple springs i had laying around and went 400 4" over a 225 12". I liked that the springs have preload and might try going alittle lighter. I liked the way the car turned and how much drive it had just wish i had more hp

Yes, I apologise. Swing arm.

Quote Originally Posted by hrmotorsports33 View Post
    Yes, I apologise. Swing arm.
    because of the motion ratio, a 400 on the swing arm is pretty soft, but hey by all means you might find something, but there is a way to figure it out mathematically, but ill have to look at my notes because I've for gotten, but thats why you have to make a huge spring change on a swing arm on the right to see a difference
    some will laugh here but im doing some testing on the swing arm stuff with a new style front end, and with or with out a pull bar, in the slick there is just no other way to get the forward drive that a pull bar makes, and with todays shocks i believe you can control it better now, but i wouldn't think you would go below a 250-300 because of the motion ratio

Not sure about the new design left rear, but on the old std Rayburn swing arm , going to a 200 LR spring was pretty common when the track slicked off. It definitely added drive.