Default What happened to Ferguson?

Seen him post on Twitter he was bummed. What happened?

Water pump broke...had to pack it up for the weekend. I feel for Fergy. He was really excited to showcase his car this weekend.

Why all the engine problems. Seems like he breaks all the time. I have watched him race and drop out w mech issues alot. Water pump went bad. Could you not find a pump and repair or easier to just say f it. Im not dogging the guy but you come to race.
    I saw there hauler in pits selln souviners.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He doesn't have far to go to sleep in his own bed.....so he's got that going for him.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Why all the engine problems. Seems like he breaks all the time. I have watched him race and drop out w mech issues alot. Water pump went bad. Could you not find a pump and repair or easier to just say f it. Im not dogging the guy but you come to race.I saw there hauler in pits selln souviners.
    I know what you mean...I can't answer personally for him and don't really want to txt him and say "hey, what gives?" I'll talk with him in a few and see what the game plan is for 2018 as far as tackling all the "break" issues this season.

He reminds me a lot of Josh McGuire when he raced. That guy had the worst luck out of anyone that I can remember.

I am sure that the water pump issue caused the engine to overheat and with him only having the one engine I am sure they had to be sure it wasn't damaged and decided not to chance it before Clements could look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I am sure that the water pump issue caused the engine to overheat and with him only having the one engine I am sure they had to be sure it wasn't damaged and decided not to chance it before Clements could look at it.
    Ok sounds logical. Didnt think about that. I guess bad luck continues

Would of liked to have seen him in that other 22 car instead of Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Would of liked to have seen him in that other 22 car instead of Shirley.

I believe he was offered it but turned it down. Prolly best cuz gr would chitted him like he did jd. That was dirty how he had kevin and jd set up car at the test in chrlt a few weeks ago then gave them the boot right after.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I believe he was offered it but turned it down. Prolly best cuz gr would chitted him like he did jd. That was dirty how he had kevin and jd set up car at the test in chrlt a few weeks ago then gave them the boot right after.
    JD/Rumley are taking the high road, though. Nothing except class out of those guys.And yes Fergy was contacted about the open ride.

The fan got into the shroud and the water pump broke off the engine damaging the block. They have another engine but starting last in heat would have been hard to overcome.