Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default World Finals......anti-climatic series ending payouts???

When I looked up the winner's purse for the "World Finals", I was a bit shocked to see that it's a pair of 12,000 races. That seems very anti-climatic, especially with the Lucas Oil Series ending their season with a 100,000 to win race.
    You'd think the WoO would do something big at the end. Even if it were just a 100 lap, 25,000 or 30,000 to win race it would seem more "World Finals" like than a pair of 12,000 50 lap features...

I did a bit of tabulating and unless I'm correct, the WoO in general doesn't pay as well to win as the Lucas Oil Series.
    Lucas Oil ran 48 races with an average winner's check of 16,187.
    WoO ran 43 races with an average winner's check of 11,546

Even if you say, ok the DTWC is it's own deal, and can't count for Lucas Oil. Take that away and replace with just a 10,000.... they still have an average winner's purse of 14,300.

woo overhead may be higher. lol

Maybe that's why lucas has the better field of drivers. Ya think, maybe.

They got the cars, that's all that matters.

Maybe I have a different slant to the World Finals. You are looking at it through the eyes of a Dirt Late Model fan. It is NOT just a DLM race. Many fans come to see the sprint cars, and in some cases the Big Block Modifeds. Overall I think the purse is quite hefty for what you get to see all three nights,,,,,just my opinion.

The Lucas series ended their series for years with a pair of regular shows at Dixie and Rome.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Maybe I have a different slant to the World Finals. You are looking at it through the eyes of a Dirt Late Model fan. It is NOT just a DLM race. Many fans come to see the sprint cars, and in some cases the Big Block Modifeds. Overall I think the purse is quite hefty for what you get to see all three nights,,,,,just my opinion.
    So you are saying it's a big race for all, so a big race for none? I kinda get it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I suprised the lucas drivers come to such a small paying event. They are so much better that, they must be getting paid appearance money to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    So you are saying it's a big race for all, so a big race for none? I kinda get it.
    25-30,000 fans makes it pretty big.

The woo point fund pays more.

It's more than money it's an experience, there is nothing like the 4wide salute with all 3 divisions on the track and the fireworks going off in the background. Not to mention there is media everywhere . It's great exposure just to make a show like this. I can see why so many cars show up for 2 12k events. Not to mention souvenir row they sell a ridiculous amount of t-shirts. I'm sure it offsets some of it .

Default Jesus

You are getting to see the top drivers across 3 premier divisions, and are wondering why they don’t pay the late models more?

It’s because they are showcasing all their classes near their headquarters showing you what they have to offer. It’s not about just one division. And yes, before Lucas got the DTWC, it was Dixie and Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Brandon Sheppard won...

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    25-30,000 fans makes it pretty big.
    A better crowd than Eldora?

The stands were full.

I would say with a car count of 75 late models they don't need to raise the purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The Lucas series ended their series for years with a pair of regular shows at Dixie and Rome.
    I know that. And I didn't care for that. I like to see the final race be something big...something special.

I admit that the "spectacle" of the World Finals make it appealing for drivers. And a chance at a 24,000 weekend isn't chump change by any means.

I loved the way the HAT series did with the Shootout. It grew to the point of being an honest to goodness crown jewel. 50,000+ to win.

I love the fact that Lucas Oil is taking the DTWC, and making it the season points finale, and making that race big and important to series drivers, and to non-regulars.

To me it seems like in today's Late Model climate the series that I guess you'd call the co-premier series would have its finale somewhere close to the other co-premier series.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Right. It’s not a late model crown jewel, it’s a dirt track crown jewel.

All 3 of the series are ending on a pretty big stage if you ask me. Just because it don’t pay that much doesn’t mean its not a big race. Just look how many total cars and how full the stands are. Look how many outlets are covering the event. PPV (we were all begging for that with the DTWC) and tape delayed coverage. Some chick from the NYT is there doing a story on Bloomer.

It’s a bigger stage than the DTWC.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I know that. And I didn't care for that. I like to see the final race be something big...something special. I admit that the "spectacle" of the World Finals make it appealing for drivers. And a chance at a 24,000 weekend isn't chump change by any means. I loved the way the HAT series did with the Shootout. It grew to the point of being an honest to goodness crown jewel. 50,000+ to win.I love the fact that Lucas Oil is taking the DTWC, and making it the season points finale, and making that race big and important to series drivers, and to non-regulars.To me it seems like in today's Late Model climate the series that I guess you'd call the co-premier series would have its finale somewhere close to the other co-premier series.
    If it such a problem for you then don’t take your race car to Charlotte. Oh..... you prob don’t have one. If you don’t have a race car I can’t see why it’s matters.... if you do have a race car then don’t go to such a poor paying event As a fan I go to see the race it doesn’t matter what it pays to win.... Last night proved it ....it was a better race than the Dream, World 100 and DTWC all combined to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I know that. And I didn't care for that. I like to see the final race be something big...something special.

I admit that the "spectacle" of the World Finals make it appealing for drivers. And a chance at a 24,000 weekend isn't chump change by any means.

I loved the way the HAT series did with the Shootout. It grew to the point of being an honest to goodness crown jewel. 50,000+ to win.

I love the fact that Lucas Oil is taking the DTWC, and making it the season points finale, and making that race big and important to series drivers, and to non-regulars.

To me it seems like in today's Late Model climate the series that I guess you'd call the co-premier series would have its finale somewhere close to the other co-premier series.

It’s not just about the late models. What part of this don’t you understand?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I see what you mean bhf. I would think they would bump it up just a little. Maybe double or half more than first night. WoO making a killing off this event but so are the drivers on sales. But I'm not complaining look at the event set up. They have lot of the best sprint drivers, lot of the best late model drivers, lot of the best big block drivers it's a win win for fans no matter what the payout is.