Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I heard lance and rumley wanted to run bloomy cars. Rumley asked bloomy if he could come to mooresburg and build 4 cars. Bloomy told him he didnt want him anywhere around his jig

Then they approached mark richards about kevin using his jig to build 4 cars and mark said "screw you, i paid you a war pension to design a new product and youre telling me you can build a better one?"

Longhorn was the only one that would let kevin build 4 cars for himself.

I heard a WoO team ordered some longhorns for next year and asked for what mccreadie and madden was running. The response was "oh you want one of 'those' cars?". So all the longhorn junkies will buy one or two or three thinking they will be getting what davenport has. Racing politics at its best. Its a good sales driver though. Put out a jesus race car and make eveeybody think they can get one too.

Im a rocket nazi but id feel better about my chances to succeed in one right now

Let all the davenport and rumley insiders start the bashing.

Just stating what ive heard before you call me some sort of homosexual or whatever else you guys come up with.
    Last edited by King1; 11-19-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    I heard lance and rumley wanted to run bloomy cars. Rumley asked bloomy if he could come to mooresburg and build 4 cars. Bloomy told him he didnt want him anywhere around his jig

Then they approached mark richards about kevin using his jig to build 4 cars and mark said "screw you, i paid you a war pension to design a new product and youre telling me you can build a better one?"

I heard a WoO team ordered some longhorns for next year and asked for what mccreadie and madden was running. The response was "oh you want one of 'those' cars?". So all the longhorn junkies will buy one or two or three thinking they will be getting what davenport has. Racing politics at its best. Its a good sales driver though. Put out a jesus race car and make eveeybody think they can get one too.

Im a rocket nazi but id feel better about my chances to succeed in one right now

Just stating what ive heard before you call me some sort of homosexual or whatever else you guys come up with.

Not trying to $hit up your post as you bring up good info. It has been this way for years, not just any joe blow is gonna get a car the same as the house car.
    I didn't think Bloomer cars were built in Mooresville anymore? I thought Sweet did the chassis gig for him now. It would surprise me if Kevin approached Bloomer as he has made it known on several occasions that he don't care for the guy. Stranger things have happened tho.

Ur probably right, they may not build them in TN. Just said it for reference. If any of it is true its pretty surprising.

It always kills me when folks ask for the “same stuff as the house car”. You could put the exact same components that are on the house car and it’s not going to make you any better of a driver.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I get what youre saying but...... the results prove an xr1 is an xr1. If i cant buy the same car and know the rest is up to me then whats the use in buying the car the pros are using if im not getting the same car. Hendrick didnt sell some old design car to chip ganassi or engines with 50 less ponies. Im not even sure if thats happening but i trust my sources. You always run that risk when you ask someone in the racing business to provide a service.

When i ran a tnt car, tony always called when they tried something new with the structure of the car but he was also asking me to try it too.

That’s an interesting story, let conspiracies begin.

I get what youre saying but...... the results prove an xr1 is an xr1. If i cant buy the same car and know the rest is up to me then whats the use in buying the car the pros are using if im not getting the same car. Hendrick didnt sell some old design car to chip ganassi or engines with 50 less ponies. Im not even sure if thats happening but i trust my sources. You always run that risk when you ask someone in the racing business to provide a service.

When i ran a tnt car, tony always called when they tried something new with the structure of the car but he was also asking me to try it too.
    I’m not disputing that the XR1 is a quality piece. It clearly is. I’m just saying you could put the exact setup that’s underneath the house car and there’s a really good chance it isn’t going to work all that well for you. And it works like that with every chassis, not just Rocket.

There are a few ex-Rocket house cars running around my way. None of them are winning regularly.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Totally agree josh. Seems like Brandpn Fouts had an ex houss car and didnt prove to be successful...... well not like his swartz car anyway.

A few years ago we were running a Rocket. After seeing some "new" technology on the house car, we inquired Mark and Josh about it. Mark said he would sell it to us but he didn't feel 100% comfortable with it, as the bugs wasn't worked out yet.....true story!

We spent 3 days hanging out with them at their trailer and they gave us approval to crawl around the house car and ask any questions we had. Josh especially went out of his way to help us.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I call BS. No way Rumley wanted to use Bloomer cars. There are 2 cars he wants to work on. A Sweet-Bloomquist isn't one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I call BS. No way Rumley wanted to use Bloomer cars. There are 2 cars he wants to work on. A Sweet-Bloomquist isn't one.
    You ask him?

I would be willing to bet the xr1 bare chassis are similar..but uppers n lowers, shock valving spring rates bar angles bar lengths 5th coil angle and rates, caster camber wheel base stagger...they will never tell exactly what they run...

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    You ask him?
    Did I? No. Am I making stuff up? No.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Did I? No. Am I making stuff up? No.
    Didn’t say ya were, but unless you have heard Kevin say flat out he has no use for an SB, then your info isn’t any better than Kings.

Now personally, I don’t think he would. It’s not a fit for JD. Good car, of course it is, but isn’t what I think Kevin and JD want.

The plan for the Bloomquist cars was before the world 100 and Rumley happened, plans changed after that weekend.

It's been awhile but I think he was in a Hamrick's sponsored Bloomquist and did just fine.Part of the reason JD and Madden are so fond of each other.

Talking Best joke I've heard all week.

but...... the results prove an xr1 is an xr1....
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

The bare frames are the same as when they come off the jig, the difference maker is the shock packages, the best guys have a shock guru on standby every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Hey ive got a bloomquist car and im a "anything but a rocket" guy.

Ive got a buddy that bought an xr1 and used his personal shock package that is DARN good. Steve Baker and Keith Berner both told him that the XR1 package from Integra was a super good piece.

He ended up buying a set and it was better. So i take that as in; Rocket is willing to get you there by selling you a really good car and we'll get you a shock package that will put you up front.

It may not be what sheppy and richards is on but you can bet its gonna be pretty good.

Looks like Rocket got smart and decided to sell speed, rather than sell you something everyone is going fast with (good luck figuring it out. Give us some more money and we'll tell you how to use it but we wont tell you everything)

Theres only two guys running good in a Bloomquist car right now. Theres only a couple guys running good in a Longhorn. The rest of the late model world (for the most part) is running good in XR1's. Laws of probability playing a factor??? Sure they are. But a fast race car will go to the front (with a competent driver of course) <=== i need to clarify that so you guys that pick fights because you think we are trying to deflate your ego because we think we know something about kevin rumley, JD, or physics dont take it so literal and say the obvious things that i didnt mention that really goes without saying

Just my opinion, go ahead, call me stupid lol.
    Last edited by King1; 11-22-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Hey ive got a bloomquist car and im a "anything but a rocket" guy.

Ive got a buddy that bought an xr1 and used his personal shock package that is DARN good. Steve Baker and Keith Berner both told him that the XR1 package from Integra was a super good piece.

He ended up buying a set and it was better. So i take that as in; Rocket is willing to get you there by selling you a really good car and we'll get you a shock package that will put you up front.

It may not be what sheppy and richards is on but you can bet its gonna be pretty good.

Looks like Rocket got smart and decided to sell speed, rather than sell you something everyone is going fast with (good luck figuring it out. Give us some more money and we'll tell you how to use it but we wont tell you everything)

Theres only two guys running good in a Bloomquist car right now. Theres only a couple guys running good in a Longhorn. The rest of the late model world (for the most part) is running good in XR1's. Laws of probability playing a factor??? Sure they are. But a fast race car will go to the front (with a competent driver of course) <=== i need to clarify that so you guys that pick fights because you think we are trying to deflate your ego because we think we know something about kevin rumley, JD, or physics dont take it so literal and say the obvious things that i didnt mention that really goes without saying

Just my opinion, go ahead, call me stupid lol.
    He has a boner for Mark Richards and Rocket Chassis, fine post man. Other chassis companies can use consultants or have success and it’s cool, but Rocket does it and it’s a crime, whatever.