Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    We just keep coming up with more and more reasons to buy a spring smasher, don't we? I've been putting it off too long. Can't get good info from anybody (even those willing to help) on RF bump stops without giving them all these load numbers first and not just on RF.
    Like MB said you can do the math and get most of the info you need, it's just slower. Now setting or adjusting to pin to pin measurements without one takes a lot more steps and is way way slower then just using a cruncher. Before we had them, even with bump stops if you have the graphs on them I could take someones 375 spring off that was traveling max of 4.125" and change it to say a 250 with a bump stop and calculate it with math and throw it on the car and usually get within a 1/8" of travel most times.

The cruncher makes life a lot faster and easier but can be done without one. It saves a lot of trips back and forth to the car (depending on what your doing) and a lot more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Like MB said you can do the math and get most of the info you need, it's just slower. Now setting or adjusting to pin to pin measurements without one takes a lot more steps and is way way slower then just using a cruncher. Before we had them, even with bump stops if you have the graphs on them I could take someones 375 spring off that was traveling max of 4.125" and change it to say a 250 with a bump stop and calculate it with math and throw it on the car and usually get within a 1/8" of travel most times.

The cruncher makes life a lot faster and easier but can be done without one. It saves a lot of trips back and forth to the car (depending on what your doing) and a lot more accurate.
    So my socket on the jack under the rearend is antiquated now!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    saw a track record set with less than 1 inch of stagger this year , with the rear steer thats achieved now days , less is needed to turn , plus strait away speed is usually gained.....by the way , there was a thread on here a while back about running two 29s on rear , if im not mistaken , thats what he was on....
    Agree on the less stagger for sure with the amount of rear steer we have. You really only need enough stagger to keep the tires from "scrubbing" too much in the turns. But any amount of scrubbing you eliminate in the corners gets picked back up on the straights.
    I think less that traditionally accepted stagger also puts optimal camber in the rear tires. Just look at the tire wear pattern that you get when running 4 inches or more of stagger. That can't be good or at least I see room for improvement.

the only thing is some times that stagger does create camber in the rt rear that is beneficial , maybe its time to look at cambered axle tubes again .